Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by jim.cfsd

Celebrity Summit
Celebrity Summit
Member Name: jim.cfsd
Cruise Date: August 2011
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bermuda
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Exceptional!
We had a wonderful vacation onboard the Celebrity Summit with myself and two children (9yo and 7yo). For context, we are well traveled including various trips to popular cities with lots of activities including expecting above average accommodations and service. Hands down... the Celebrity Summit team delivered on all fronts. Ill summarize the highlights below by service, activities, food, accommodations and child programs.

Service was impeccable

The service from the Celebrity Summit team's guest services, bars, restaurants, pool stewards, room stewards, exercise areas, medical staff, internet/IT staff, room service, on/off board staff, port staff and the officers, show-team and others was exceptional.

To highlight a few:

The room stewards quickly recognized we departed and changed/cleaned the room and even set up my children's stuffed animals and pajamas... how nice :-).

The dining service was so attentive they recognized we wanted to make a show and depart early and accommodated a great evening by enabling us to depart in 60minutes.

The entire team accommodated the additional day at sea due to the impending hurricane too... from everyone's perspective it was not recognized that we were out another day at sea unplanned.

Activities were engaging and available.

Each day great programs of activities were proposed in a schedule; truly not all could be done and you had many options depending on your level of engagement and interest.

During the day, you could go to the pool for fun and music and games, go to another pool to relax and chill or decide to hide on the front/back deck where there were no-one else but a few people. This was truly surprising that with all the people they said they were accommodating you could actually be outside on the deck with a quiet and serene spot. Moreover, indoor activities were abundant from wii / kinect to line dancing and paper airplanes.

Evenings continued with great dinners, great Broadway caliber shows and excellent four to five types of music and dancing to enjoy. Truly amazing options! The shows were great too... I went with the kids to all and they were all excellent. We've also done Broadway and these were top notch.

On shore, we chose the private beach, swimming with the dolphins and then ferry and walk to Hamilton. Two of these were with shore excursions which were well organized, well orchestrated (i.e. they set up chairs for 3-on the beach for us... how nice ? ) and reasonably priced too. The ferry trip we did on our own but the ship staff provided great guidance and recommendations.

Food was stellar and abundant

The food was stellar! Evening dining was phenomenal and different every night; wow! The buffets for breakfast, lunch, and dinner... wait... it was like all day eating and all good... so hard to divide by which was breakfast, lunch and dinner. Looking back I recall three areas I did not get to try but wanted too but ate all the other areas already. The specialty dining room (normande), although we did not go b/c of the kids below 12, was great from everyone I heard! Next time, Ill plan to get the kids the childcare program and ask to be seated with a group... I definitely will want to try it next time. On top of being abundant... it was all excellent... and when asking other "frequent cruisers" they said the food was excellent too in comparison!

Accommodations were roomy...

Yes, I did say roomy but we did splurge for a Family View Suite (#9199). The rooms were clean, fresh, well maintained and modern. We split the bed into two for the kids then the room had a separate sliding door for two couches which turned into beds too. On top of that, the room had a balcony that was the size of the entire room...looking out the back of the ship! I would totally do this room again next time! Well done and I'm glad I got family view suite!

Childcare programs were outstanding

The program, activities, staff, planned events, special service and accommodations were outstanding. I was traveling with my 9yo son and 7yo daughter who loved the program and I loved the program for them loving the program. I joined the VIP kids club so I could pop them in / out for me to go to the gym or take an afternoon break or evening drink. By mid-week we were scheduling in time for them to go to the child program activity on top of the other events happening on the ship. Also, as a VIP they kids had a private meet the captain / bridge tour and also private meet the cast tour too. The great child program really made a great trip by all. In addition, given it was august there were kids on the boat but when I even was able to take "kid kid-breaks" by finding adult only pools and areas on the ship to decompress.

Lastly, great ship, team, trip and vacation! Well done!

Publication Date: 09/01/11