Norwegian Jade Cruise Review by Ray Singleton

Cruise Date: August 2010
Embarkation: Venice
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: BA
See More About: Norwegian Jade Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals

Super Jade
Before travelling with NCL for the first time, I checked the reviews on the Norwegian Jade which left me somewhat apprehensive in view of the negative comments from several people. Of course everyone has the right to their opinion and I respect that, however I get the feeling that some folk must be ver, very hard to please.

My wife and myself found the whole cruise experience 1st class. We particularly enjoyed the 'freestyle' dining experience and we was more than happy with the quality, variety and the amount of food available to us. In addition there are several speciality restaurants which you can you use for an added premium. We used Cagney's steakhouse which was absolutely superb, that cost 25 dollars each but well worth it.

We also had a balcony cabin for the first time and that will be the way to go in future. The cabin was spacious, set up for 4 people but there was only the two of us. The balcony was great and afforded great views. The bathroom was fine and had a walk in shower offering loads of room. Admitted the toilet was a little compact, but who spends all their time in the smallest room.

If I had one minor complaint it would be about some of the entertainment, I have experienced better on other cruises except for the 'Elements Show', by contrast, this was the best I have ever seen on a cruise ship, very much 'Circus Soleil', superb. We also thought the daytime activities lacked a little in imagination. Having said that, the staff were brilliant, the amenities great so I would give it 5 out of 5.

Publication Date: 08/23/11