Carnival Dream Cruise Review by bamboozel

Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Certainly a DREAM!!!!!!!!!!!
Sailed the Dream from 5/20 to 5/28. It was an absolutely wonderful trip. The Dream ship is extremely beautiful. I have read alot of reviews before my trip and all I have to say is there is no way you can't enjoy this ship.

Embarkment was so easy. We arrived at port at 10:30 and we were eating lunch at 11:00. Carnival has it down to a science on how to get everybody on the ship. Port Canaveral has it down pack.

Cabin- We were in 9481 Aft. The room had plenty of closet and draw space. It had a king bed and a sofa and table. Our balcony had two reclining chairs and an extra chair with a small table. Our room stewart was wonderful. The room was clean and was kept up throughout the week. Super cabin with a super room steward.

Food- Nobody will go hungry on this cruise. So many options. We had early dining. Supurb food in the Scarlett dining room. The service was absolutely wonderful. Joel was our main server and he was so friendly and funny. We looked forward to dinner every night.

Do not miss the Steakhouse....it is elegant and the food is out of this world.

Pizza and ice cream is available 24 hours. Pizza was really good. Deli was good, the gathering for breakfast and lunch had so many selections.

We had over 4200 people on board and we encountered no lines for anything. Loved this cruise. Staff was so friendly and helpful.

We went to a country show and saw several comedy shows. They were very entertaining.

On seadays, we set our towels out on the aft pool deck to secure a deck lounger. There were plenty of loungers on other decks available but if you want to be around one of the pools you need to secure a lounger early. I felt the main pool on the lido deck was very loud so we hung at the aft pool all week.

Ports of call. We decided to stay on board in Nassua. We relaxed in the sun. St. Thomas we took the excursion with Godfrey. What a nice tour. It cost $30 a person. We went shopping for two hours, sightseeing for two hours and finally two hours at Megan's Bay. The most beautiful beach I've ever seen. Clean and the water was so many shades of blue. Fish swam around you and birds would fly in and dive underwater for the fish. Next time, I would spend the day at this beach. So amazing. Don't forget to get a Bushwacker at the bar at Megan's Bay. Simply delicious. We have several of them. I loved St. Thomas.

St. Martin - We again took a tour by Benard's. Two hours of sightseeing, 40 minutes of shopping, two hours at the beach...Orient beach. and then an hour at Mako beach to see the airplanes fly really low over the beach into the airport. This was really exciting to see the planes fly right over the beach. As for Orient beach, waste of time. First, half the beach was a nude beach. Secondly, the minute we got out of the van we were hounded by locals selling towels and jewerly. The water was beautiful but the surroundings were run down. I really thought St. Martin was dirty and full of shacks for houses. Very poor countryside, unless you have alot of money and build a mansion in the hills. Not impressed with St. Martin.

Overall, Carnival provided us with a wonderful vacation. I will sail with them again. Super service and a wonderful ship. I loved the Dream ship. It was really easy moving around the ship. We used the stairs everywhere we went and got a lot of exercise. Everything was positive about the ship. I would definitely sail her again.

What a wonderful seven days my husband and I had sailing the Dream.

Publication Date: 06/03/11