Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Diamond60

Dining 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Amazing Back-to-Back Cruise on the Dream
My husband and I cruised on the Carnival Dream from May 7th through May 21st. We did a back-to-back cruise and loved every minute of it. We celebrated our anniversary and my birthday.

We stayed in Cabin 7351, Ocean Suite. It was a great location on the ship. We were right across from the laundry room. The elevators were a few steps away from our cabin, very convenient. The two weeks we were on this Ship, there were very few children. Perfect!!!! Our deck, the Empress, was quiet and we had easy access to everything. Also, our cabin was very spacious. My husband and I had 3 large suitcases a piece. We were able to unpack everything into the draws and shelves. The balcony was very spacious. We had great viewing; no obstructions.

We did do two (2) shore excursions through Carnival and the rest we did on our own. The first week we did the Sea and See excursion in St. Martens which was really nice. First, we were given a bus tour of the Island and then we did a semi-submarine below the ocean which was really interesting. The following week we did the 'Twister' which was really awesome. The Twister excursion was done on the island of Cozumel which was really nice because it took us to the Isla Pasion which was an exclusive beach with a nice buffet and unlimited rum punch.

We met a couple (forgot their names - Charlie??) who was a joy to talk to. The four of us really engaged in unforced conversation and enjoyed each others company immensely. By the way, if you see this message, please write to us via email. John and I lost your email address.

All in all, we had a great time. By the way, we did go to the Steakhouse twice. It was worth every penny. We found the food to be good and the service to be just as good. The shows were OK. Fun force was Great! We were really disappointed we didn't see Dancing in the Street. It only showed one day for the week and we didn't know about it the first week. My cousins, who boarded with us on the second week, told us that was the best show on board. Seven of my cousins joined us on the second week of the cruise. We saw a few comedy shows which were really good. OMG, stay away from the Casino! If you play slots, the Dream do not give back anything. The slot machines are really tight. We noticed the second week it was a little more giving. But, not much! Many people were complaining BOTH weeks how tight the machines were. Stay away from the Casino -- it's a real RIP OFF!! We also enjoyed the Water Slides. My husband went on the slides many times. I went twice. I couldn't handle the pressure of the water in my face. As far as lines go, there were a few. But, they went really fast. All in all, it was a Great Cruise for my husband and myself.

Publication Date: 06/04/11