Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Porkstuff: Fantastic Time on the Dream- Again!!

Porkstuff
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Fantastic Time on the Dream- Again!!

Sail Date: May 2011
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

We went to the Eastern Caribbean May 21-28th. The 21st was our 34th anniversary and we have traveled to the Western Caribbean on the Dream last year.

Embarkation was easy- we got there around 12:30 and it was crowded but went smoothly. The lady that guided us to our registration person was SO nice and was having a blast. That put everyone in a great mood!!

We got to our room almost immediately and it was ready. We had carried on our own champagne and popped it and sat on our balcony and enjoyed watching the luggage guys.

We had late seating in the Scarlet dining room and had Milagres as our waiter. He was AWESOME. He is the best waiter I've ever had in any restaurant anywhere. The food was excellent and many times I ordered more than one entree if they were having something I didn't want to miss (example: lobster and prime rib on the same night- had to have both). The lunch buffets were fine, and the burgers and pizza were also good. The pasta bar was exceptional. More Worth the wait. The BBQ on the Lanai on sea days was awful, in my opinion. I couldn't eat it and we went back inside to get food.

I had "the smell" in our room once and told our steward who found a way to get rid of it. It was taken care of. She was very friendly and our room was always clean. Cute towel animals each night!

We took the Champagne Catamaran Sailing trip in St. Thomas. It was very disappointing because we had no wind and could not sail. I know they can't help that but for the money it was a huge disappointment.

We went to Serenity one day and loved it. Fell asleep on a couch in the afternoon.

Overall, I love the Dream and it is so beautiful and clean. It was even better than the first time and I would sail it again definitely.

Don't let negative reviews influence you- you can have a great time and if there's a line just move on to another area and you'll be fine. If you have a complaint, voice it and it will be addressed.

We did the deal onboard to give them $100 deposit for the next cruise and you get $100 onboard credit. We'll need it for sure- spent a bundle on alcohol and slots!!! Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Dream Balcony Empress 7386

7386- great proximity to the Scarlet dining room.