Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by reneemom23

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by reneemom23
Majesty of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
Member Name: reneemom23
Cruise Date: April 2011
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: Q

Great Weekend Getaway
We made a quick decision to go on this quick getaway. We found reasonable airfare and the cruise was reasonable so we booked. We flew in from St. Louis the day of the cruise. We arrived at 9:35 a.m. and took a shuttle to the port, the check in process was easy and I think we were on board in less than 15 minutes (less time than it took us to get out of the airport!)

The boat was a great size for a short cruise and we were able to find our way around pretty easily. The staff was very pleasant, our room attendant, Yak, was very good and kept our room clean and our ice bucket full. Our waiter, Miquel was excellent along with his assistant Savas. They were both very attentive.

I liked the food and found that every night there were at least two choices that I would have liked to eat. I did indulge in 2 appetizers and two desserts because I could. Only one desert I didn't care for.

We love the private islands because they are so relaxing and you don't have to worry about getting accosted by pushy vendors. Per a suggestion on these boards we walked down to barefoot beach and had the beach mostly to ourselves and found that the sand was much softer there. Lunch was good but the birds were annoying.

Nassau was pretty to look at but up close was dirty and the vendors were too pushy for my taste and they lost a sale because they were such a turn off. We just took a tour around the island and then back to the ship. The tour went to Atlantis but that was definitely not something we would want to do.

We have been on Carnival and Royal Caribbean. My observations are that Royal Caribbean has better food, but Carnival has bigger rooms.

Publication Date: 04/21/11