Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by reneemom23: Great Weekend Getaway

Compare Prices on Majesty of the Seas Bahamas Cruises

Great Weekend Getaway

Sail Date: April 2011
Destination: Bahamas

We made a quick decision to go on this quick getaway. We found reasonable airfare and the cruise was reasonable so we booked. We flew in from St. Louis the day of the cruise. We arrived at 9:35 a.m. and took a shuttle to the port, the check in process was easy and I think we were on board in less than 15 minutes (less time than it took us to get out of the airport!)

The boat was a great size for a short cruise and we were able to find our way around pretty easily. The staff was very pleasant, our room attendant, Yak, was very good and kept our room clean and our ice bucket full. Our waiter, Miquel was excellent along with his assistant Savas. They were both very attentive.

I liked the food and found that every night there were at least two choices that I would have liked to eat. I did indulge in 2 appetizers and two desserts because I could. Only one desert I didn't care for.

We love the private islands because they are so relaxing and you don't have More to worry about getting accosted by pushy vendors. Per a suggestion on these boards we walked down to barefoot beach and had the beach mostly to ourselves and found that the sand was much softer there. Lunch was good but the birds were annoying.

Nassau was pretty to look at but up close was dirty and the vendors were too pushy for my taste and they lost a sale because they were such a turn off. We just took a tour around the island and then back to the ship. The tour went to Atlantis but that was definitely not something we would want to do.

We have been on Carnival and Royal Caribbean. My observations are that Royal Caribbean has better food, but Carnival has bigger rooms. Less

Read more Majesty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Majesty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Majesty of the Seas Interior Stateroom Deck 2 2533

Cabin 2533 was the tiniest cabin we have been in and the bathroom couldn't have been any smaller but they make good use of the space so it was all good. There isn't enough storage for a cruise longer than 4 nights, but since we only went for 3 nights it was sufficient. There was a noise that happened every once in a while and my husband thought it might be a crew elevator.

If you like being pressured by vendors then this island is for you. We were just strolling by the market and I started to look at the purses, the next thing I know this guy is putting a bead necklace around my neck saying it is free and will bring good luck. After that they want a donation, my husband said to give them a couple bucks they told me they needed five. I just turned and left....what a big turn off.

Atlantis looked beautiful from far away when you got closer it was dirty. Our guide said it cost $600 a night to stay. WOW I would expect a lot more for that.

Interesting history.

Since this was only a 3 night cruise we didn't do any all-inclusive beach since we had a beach day the day before in Cococay.

Read 2607 Nassau Reviews