Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by msmerryc

Majesty of the Seas
Member Name: msmerryc
Cruise Date: April 2011
Cabin Category: F1
See More About: Majesty of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Rates 5+

Majesty - perfection!
We embarked on the Majesty Caribbean cruise 4/11 - 4/15, 2011. Spent two days at a hotel in Miami prior to the trip to unwind. Walked onto the Majesty at noon with NO hassles...and went right to the Windjammer for sustenance.

Weather was amazing. We took the on and off trolley tour of Key West and learned a lot about the area - it was inexpensive and gave us some local history and a schedule to keep. In Nassau, we tried to walk to Paradise Island...you exit the ship and go left and walk about 3 miles. Neighborhood changes and gets a little seedy. Then you hit the bridge and are expected to walk the 2 miles across this mighty structure. We caved and took a taxi to the Atlantis where we had a drink in the lobby, shopped and then returned home.

I've been to all three spots before on previous RCI cruises but the biggest changes were in Cococay...they've really upgraded the beaches and more chairs and the food seemed better than I remember it. Weather was 82 and overcast and we could have sat in our beach chairs on that island for eternity! A perfect day by far and one that I will reflect back on in the months to come.

I was so impressed with the RCI staff. G-Day Dave, the cruise director, is amazing. He has spunk and energy - the ability to get up close and personal with his comments (Love and Marriage game - funniest show I've every been to) but not insulting or hurtful. Mimi in the karoke is a blast and every staff person we encountered went out of their way to be helpful and nice. Food was not as exciting as I remember from past events - but I gained 4 pounds so I was not starving nor turning anything down. We ate in the private dining room for breakfast every day and lunches in the frenetic Windjammer lounge. I wish they would post somewhere all the dishes offerred each day so you could search until you found it...every time someone came to our table they had something new that I had not seen.

I have no complaints. I really loved this ship and its crew. We went with another adult couple - great friends and we made wonderful friends with the third couple assigned to our table at night. They were British and we compared politics and lifestyles and kept things lively. I would take this cruise again in a heartbeat - and plan to. RCI - you outdid yourselves this week and we were so grateful for such a positive experience. How you continue to perform day in and out is amazing...thanks for the memories!

Publication Date: 04/18/11