Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by SusanC67: Bahamas -3 night cruise

Compare Prices on Majesty of the Seas Bahamas Cruises

Bahamas -3 night cruise

Sail Date: April 2011
Destination: Bahamas

I flew into Miami on Thursday the 21st, stayed at the Miami International Airport hotel, which was surprisingly a heck of a lot better than most reviews on trip advisor. Rested overnight, my sister flew into Miami the next morning.

I met her approximately 1130am, we took a cab from MIA to Port of Miami.

The embarkation process went remarkably well, I was quite pleased with that. We were in the Windjammer Buffet dining area by about 1215.

Disembarkation went very well also. Seemed quite organized and was nice that they had pastries, cookies, coffee and tea available. The cruise company seems to have fine tuned things quite a bit, all went smoothly. Only thing I noticed was when getting off the elevator, we weren't directed where to go at first, but within a minute, cruise staff directed us where to go.. so no big deal there.

My sister had a wonderful first cruise experience. This was my third cruise, the second with Royal Caribbean cruiseline and the second More time being on Majesty of the Seas.

All of the meals were delicious. All of my breakfast meals were eaten in the Windjammer. Lunches were eaten there as well except for bbq picnic on Cococay which has improved considerably. Very delicious and everything tasted so good.

Midnight buffet was wonderful and a real treat. It's odd how people complain about the food. During this particular experience, I noticed many healthy options/offerings. The desserts were quite good, all main courses quite good with only one exception. For dinner one evening, I had shrimp and mahimahi tempura. The fish was tasty, however, the shrimp was soggy at first bite. Not a big deal.

Service in the dining rooms was excellent, at some point, I had two appetizers for one dinner meal. Loved that!!! Waiter remembered I liked diet coke, I didn't have to ask at the second dinner.

I don't remember the Schooner Bar having such an odd scent before, then again, maybe they spray something to make it seem like old smoky wood?? not sure.. still quite beautiful in there.

Comedy show was funny the first night. He was a bit goofy at times but still funny.

Captain's reception was a treat. Free glass of champagne was a nice touch.

Formal Night was fun as well. My sister and I both dressed up rather nicely.

There was several people that obviously didn't care that it was formal night.

I saw a child wearing shorts and sleeveless tshirt. Some people had on jeans.

Probably half of the people there made an effort to dress up nicely, the rest seemed to not care.

Now, as for the stateroom-- the beds were comfortable, it was nice being able to look out the window when we wanted, the bon voyage decorations were set up as pre-arranged. A nice surprise/treat for my sister to help her enjoy her first cruise.

The downsides--- the beds were not separated as I had requested when first making the reservation. I did courteously request this be taken care of at the Guest Services desk. Later on that evening (friday), I had to call again at about 9pm. I don't recall when they finally fixed it but by the time we got back, it was taken care of.

Next thing-- toilet flushed constantly on its own and overflowed. My sister notified appropriate staff. It took the bulk of the day to get this fixed. Thankfully, we had other things to do and when needing to use the rest room, used it elsewhere.

We took such things in stride, not getting upset over it.

The other thing I noticed is, whomever it was that cleaned our cabin never introduced him or herself to me or my sister. Now we were fortunate in that the room was always cleaned and tidied, beds made and a few towel animals were done for us. Always got fresh/clean towels. But I have no idea at all who did it.

Overall, I was very well pleased with this cruise. It was such a pleasure to be on the Majesty of the Seas again.

Was cool to see that they had a machine for those of us with the soda package. Oddly though, the diet coke was always flat so it defeated the purpose of having it. I don't think the bar staff was thrilled with our soda only requests, however, they certainly were always professional and courteous with us.

It should be noted that all of the staff that I saw at work, worked quite diligently at their jobs. Although I do remember a Windjammer staff member sneaking a smoke break, which I thought funny.

There was a lady arranging the lounge chairs which was quite a chore. I wouldn't want THAT job.

I found myself wondering how the staff get treated.

All of them seemed rather friendly and helpful.

I would definitely recommend Majesty of the Seas to anyone interested in trying her out. Also, I think it is an excellent ship for first time cruisers.

One last downside, the photographers can be very pushy at times. Even a firm NO doesn't always work. At dinner, the first night, I had to say no FOUR times to get the photographer to leave me alone. Other than that, it was fine. Less

Read more Majesty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Majesty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Majesty of the Seas Oceanview Stateroom Deck 5 6594

6594 is an Oceanview Cabin. Even though the room where the staff gets ice was right across from us, it never seemed to be a problem. Was very close to the elevator which I truly appreciated. Closet had plenty of storage spaces, also, it might be helpful for others to know that the desk area had plenty of storage. if one pulls on the knobs of the mirrors on the desk, there are shelves in there as well. Room under the beds for storage. Located mid ship, one generally didn't feel the motion of the ocean except for when the water/waves was rather choppy. Even then, it was minimal and no problem.

(5.5)
I am impressed with how well organized it was. Easy and fast to get on and off the ship, no problems at all. Would have been absolutely perfect if I hadn't fallen on the floor while waiting to see the Customs Officer. I tripped over my luggage and couldn't maintain my footing. A bit embarrassing but otherwise, I would say a perfect experience at this Port.
Read 161 Miami Reviews

It was good to see Nassau again. The market place inside the yellow building has different things for sail, a lot of straw purses and hats/handbags for sail. Also, handmade jewelry, some of it no different than the kits one can purchase from the local craft store. Most of the stuff for sale seemed quite pricey.

On the main street, which I think is called Bay Street, seems like a lot of touristy stores, kinda cheap looking but it makes money for them I suppose.

My sister enjoyed the shopping. I personally don't care for shopping although I will say the tshirt factory or outlet, (forgot the name of it) seemed nicer on the inside than I expected. Most things priced similar to any other tourist type destination.

Bathrooms were a bit on the dirty side(in the yellow building where the vendors were set up). I suppose due to high volume of people using them maybe.

Most vendors were very polite and courteous.

My sister was accosted by two very forward young boys. Ended up buying a necklace for 2 dollars which is a great deal of course but I dislike pushy people and especially, pushy sales people. not a real big deal, since she was happy with the purchase.

The tour we took was nice, I got to see some familiar places again and was happy with that. Saw Atlantis resort briefly. I suppose they do that purposely, to give tourists a taste of what it might be like, to entice us all to come back and maybe stay there. It's quite expensive, 5 star resort. It's also quite beautiful, very well maintained and designed. The staff are extremely vigilant regarding where day tourists are allowed to go, which is quite limited.

Also went to Cococay Island, a private island owned by Royal Caribbean. The buffet lunch was delicious, better than I remembered the first time I was there. Ribs were so tasty, lots of healthy salads offered. It was as beautiful as I remembered. They have a lot of bars available, I guess that's one of their main money makers.

Read 2629 Nassau Reviews