Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by SusanC67

Entertainment 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Bahamas -3 night cruise
I flew into Miami on Thursday the 21st, stayed at the Miami International Airport hotel, which was surprisingly a heck of a lot better than most reviews on trip advisor. Rested overnight, my sister flew into Miami the next morning.

I met her approximately 1130am, we took a cab from MIA to Port of Miami.

The embarkation process went remarkably well, I was quite pleased with that. We were in the Windjammer Buffet dining area by about 1215.

Disembarkation went very well also. Seemed quite organized and was nice that they had pastries, cookies, coffee and tea available. The cruise company seems to have fine tuned things quite a bit, all went smoothly. Only thing I noticed was when getting off the elevator, we weren't directed where to go at first, but within a minute, cruise staff directed us where to go.. so no big deal there.

My sister had a wonderful first cruise experience. This was my third cruise, the second with Royal Caribbean cruiseline and the second time being on Majesty of the Seas.

All of the meals were delicious. All of my breakfast meals were eaten in the Windjammer. Lunches were eaten there as well except for bbq picnic on Cococay which has improved considerably. Very delicious and everything tasted so good.

Midnight buffet was wonderful and a real treat. It's odd how people complain about the food. During this particular experience, I noticed many healthy options/offerings. The desserts were quite good, all main courses quite good with only one exception. For dinner one evening, I had shrimp and mahimahi tempura. The fish was tasty, however, the shrimp was soggy at first bite. Not a big deal.

Service in the dining rooms was excellent, at some point, I had two appetizers for one dinner meal. Loved that!!! Waiter remembered I liked diet coke, I didn't have to ask at the second dinner.

I don't remember the Schooner Bar having such an odd scent before, then again, maybe they spray something to make it seem like old smoky wood?? not sure.. still quite beautiful in there.

Comedy show was funny the first night. He was a bit goofy at times but still funny.

Captain's reception was a treat. Free glass of champagne was a nice touch.

Formal Night was fun as well. My sister and I both dressed up rather nicely.

There was several people that obviously didn't care that it was formal night.

I saw a child wearing shorts and sleeveless tshirt. Some people had on jeans.

Probably half of the people there made an effort to dress up nicely, the rest seemed to not care.

Now, as for the stateroom-- the beds were comfortable, it was nice being able to look out the window when we wanted, the bon voyage decorations were set up as pre-arranged. A nice surprise/treat for my sister to help her enjoy her first cruise.

The downsides--- the beds were not separated as I had requested when first making the reservation. I did courteously request this be taken care of at the Guest Services desk. Later on that evening (friday), I had to call again at about 9pm. I don't recall when they finally fixed it but by the time we got back, it was taken care of.

Next thing-- toilet flushed constantly on its own and overflowed. My sister notified appropriate staff. It took the bulk of the day to get this fixed. Thankfully, we had other things to do and when needing to use the rest room, used it elsewhere.

We took such things in stride, not getting upset over it.

The other thing I noticed is, whomever it was that cleaned our cabin never introduced him or herself to me or my sister. Now we were fortunate in that the room was always cleaned and tidied, beds made and a few towel animals were done for us. Always got fresh/clean towels. But I have no idea at all who did it.

Overall, I was very well pleased with this cruise. It was such a pleasure to be on the Majesty of the Seas again.

Was cool to see that they had a machine for those of us with the soda package. Oddly though, the diet coke was always flat so it defeated the purpose of having it. I don't think the bar staff was thrilled with our soda only requests, however, they certainly were always professional and courteous with us.

It should be noted that all of the staff that I saw at work, worked quite diligently at their jobs. Although I do remember a Windjammer staff member sneaking a smoke break, which I thought funny.

There was a lady arranging the lounge chairs which was quite a chore. I wouldn't want THAT job.

I found myself wondering how the staff get treated.

All of them seemed rather friendly and helpful.

I would definitely recommend Majesty of the Seas to anyone interested in trying her out. Also, I think it is an excellent ship for first time cruisers.

One last downside, the photographers can be very pushy at times. Even a firm NO doesn't always work. At dinner, the first night, I had to say no FOUR times to get the photographer to leave me alone. Other than that, it was fine.

Publication Date: 04/26/11