Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by Dissapointed17

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by Dissapointed17
Bahamas Celebration
Bahamas Celebration
Member Name: Dissapointed17
Cruise Date: April 2011
Embarkation: West Palm Beach
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 2

Scam, avoid please read before booking
This was my first cruise and boy what a horrible experience from start to finish. It is not the people who work there, who are terrible it is the boat and the atmosphere. Visiting the Bahamas with this ship is the worst thing you will ever do.

It costs extra per person to go to the beach once you reach the bahamas. Yes, we found out we were going to the island but going to the beach was 49$ more per person to get there and have lunch (you know since you expect to eat while there all day) Other normal things such as tours cost extra but that we expected.

They will nickel and dime you to death with up charges. The rooms have beds smaller than twin size beds, I am 5'7 165 lbs I could not turn on this bed without falling off. Anyone above 6'0 will have their feet dangle and if you weigh more than 200 lbs you can not fit into this bed without fear it'll fall (bottom of bunks say 200 lbs limit). So we upgraded to a normal size bed, 100$ more there goes the savings, but this is just the start.

Meal time want a nice seltzer or something with that meal? 15$ extra for the "soda package" now I dont drink soda, don't need the extra sugar but a nice seltzer after buffet food is nice. That brings me to buffet, all you can eat..no no no see they serve you the entree its all you can eat apetizers in one of the dining rooms only.

In a crowd of 4 of us, the servers trying to push drinks (which are extra and 8.65 each, tax and gratuity not included so really 10$) will ask each and every one of you individually if you want a bahama mama. Now this was cute at first, but after the 20th time they did this to us... we get the hint guy, if we want one we know where to find you 5 feet away. Further is it really necessary to ask each one individually rather than the group?

Last they try to sell you crap the entire time you are on the ship from the gold something or another useless. I'm on vacation! stop selling me things! just let me drink, eat, get sun and relax.

Horrible experience if you are under 5'2 and weigh less than 120 lbs you may find the normal beds fine the rest of us... not so much. If you want a good deal please go somewhere else, since this place will be more expensive than all inclusive deals out there and have less to offer. We have a saying where I come from that translates into "anything cheap comes out expensive" this was something I should have taken into account before going on this scam of a ship.

By the way the crew and the people are very nice - this is not a reflection on them, just the company that runs this place.

Publication Date: 04/10/11