Norwegian Star Cruise Review by bean85044: THE GOLDEN CORRAL CRUISE

Compare Prices on Norwegian Star Panama Canal & Central America Cruises

THE GOLDEN CORRAL CRUISE

Sail Date: November 2010
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America

The best part of this cruise was the itinerary and the ports. The Star is maybe a 5 on a 10 point scale. After a few days I noticed that there are almost no interior setting areas. I talked to a few veteran NCL travels and learned that most of the "lounge" areas have been converted to meeting rooms, villa suites or speciality restaurants. During rainy weather there are few places to sit indoors so most passengers sit in the Market Cafe.

While on that subject, the Market Cafe, the food was similar to the Golden Corral without the variety. How many days in row can they serve dry chicken and over done dry eggs? I could only eat so much curry flavored dishes!

The main dining restaurants that did not charge a cover served the same food! The best place to eat was the Blue Lagoon which was open 24 hours with only 10 items on the menu. At least the serve was good at the Blue Lagoon and the won ton soup hot. There are too many "speciality" restaurants on the ship which are More empty most of the day and take up too much room. We used the "spa" one day and it was a joke. There were dirty and wet towels on the floor for hours, and really very few facilities. The relaxing room was used by the staff for meeting most of the afternoon. Save your money.

On the third day my wife discovered that water had leaked under the our cabin bed from a plumbing leak behind the wall. The service desk first offered to move us to another room for one night to dry the carpet. After protesting this idea, they give us another comparable room which was under a work space on the deck above. It was noisy well into the night every night. We never did receive must of any apology from anyone in guest services for the room problems.

The final insult was at the port of Los Angeles where it took almost 5 hours to get off the ship! There were few announcements about what to do or why it took so long. There were people everywhere on the main deck just waiting to leave. It was a real joke; I did not see one officer or other employees the entire time we waited in line to depart. I would not recommend NCL to anyone. they are almost as bad a Carnival. I a going back to HAL. Less

Read more Norwegian Star cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Star Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Star 10013

Load room, work area above. Shower door was broken, took 2 days to get fixed. Beds are marginal; lumpy. Storage space average. Lighting OK, however, it was either too bright or too dark.