Carnival Pride Cruise Review by vznevada: Best Cruise EVER!

vznevada
Member Since 2010
1 Post

Compare Prices on Carnival Pride Bahamas Cruises

Best Cruise EVER!

Sail Date: September 2010
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

My husband and I have cruised before with three very popular cruise lines. We enjoyed every single cruise. We either flew to our ship of choice, or took our cruise from New York City. This was our first cruise from Baltimore Maryland and our first Carnival cruise ever!

What made this cruise the BEST was the staff. The people were good and bad, mostly GREAT :-) The only problem we had was on our last night when the couple who sat at the table next to ours decided that dinner time was a 'NO talk silent time'. And so they wanted us to observe this as well... no way! We were on our anniversary vacation, and we were enjoying one another and some good conversation as well :-) I am sorry if they chose to ignore each other throughout their entire meal. LOL

The waiters on this ship are wonderful. One waiter who took care of us quite a few times on our open dining choice was Phillips. He was on the second floor of the Normandie dining room. He was extremely fun and a not to More forget an excellent waiter!

Philippe the ship's Director was wonderful. A charming man with a great sense of humor and an equally great assistant Amy :-) They made our cruise a lot of fun and made us feel very welcomed and at home.

The ship is very tastefully done in nude art. Yep that's right...nude art. But tastefully done and in dark tones. Very dramatic and very elegant. I did not see one kid take notice. It was just that well done :-)

The swimming pools are the noisy areas. We didn't spend a lot of time there at all. It was fun to watch for a while and then there were many places to go for relaxation and fun.

The Lido deck is where the Lido restaurants are... very good food. Lots of choices and many buffets. The pizza place is open on the Lido deck as well, and almost never closed. So plan on pizza for those hungry late night snacks :-)

The stores on the ship are GREAT! FANTASTIC prices. I got tons of gifts on one of the days when they run super sales...so watch for them!!

Butterflies Lounge is where the new comedy club is... FUNNY!!!! Go see the late show for dirty laughs. LOL

The Taj Mahal is the night club. Very good costumes and lighting. I enjoyed it very much.

Bingo is pricey but fun to play. The Casino is hard to win in, but again it's fun if you limit yourself and know when to stop. My husband did not have an active boarding pass associated with our bank for this reason. LOL Mom knows best. We did want to return home with our shirts on.

Our stateroom was the best we EVER had. We had a balcony. Finally we could not only see everything, but the guard rail is plexi-glass so that it seemed we missed nothing at all when we looked out or sat out on it. Fantastic for watching the ship approach Nassau. We could see Atlantis coming closer and closer. I was so excited!

MUST SEE ATLANTIS!!!!! See my port of call review below...

Freeport was a slight disappointment because the Pride doesn't stay there long at all. We had to be back on the ship by 1PM. That's pretty tight. See below in port review.

The lobbys on the ship are beautiful. The lighting is unique and attractive. There are many bars, clubs, pools, places to eat, places to just sit and stare at the ocean, or places to sun bathe. It was a great cruise and I loved it. We're going back next year and hope to get the same cabin :-) Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Pride Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Pride Balcony Panorama 8210

We had cabin 8210 on the Panorama deck. We were in mid ship and it was very quiet. Hardly a sound in the hallway. Just one thing: We were under the Lido deck, so occasionally we heard wheels from food carts rolling across our ceiling... nothing to write home about. We actually want this cabin again... The closets are pretty large. There are two for hanging up clothes and one with large shelves. We also had a desk with a few small draws. And another short closet in front of the bed for our shoes. The bathroom has several small shelves to hold toiletries. It was GREAT...I have tons of stuff and they all fit. I loved the walk in shower. The balcony was heavenly :-)) Plexi-Glass enclosure allowed for a great view :-) It was the Panorama deck. Need I say more? :-))

Freeport is nice but again our ship left early...at 1PM. We went shopping! Shopping is always fun no matter where you are if the merchandise looks worth it. The prices were high. We did better shopping on the ship. LOL

Read 781 Freeport Reviews

MUST SEE ATLANTIS!!!! If you take a cab prepare to duck when he tails up real close to other cars or if it seems a bus will hit the side door. Very scary. LOL If you go to Atlantis beware if you are HANDICAP! I have Arthritis and look for elevators everywhere I go. They do have them, but not everywhere. The caves that house the Aquariums were HOT and the air or fans weren't working. When we finally got to the other side and saw a winding staircase, we asked the worker where the elevator was. He told us we had to walk BACK to the other side. NO way! I was going to climb those stairs and make my way to the air conditioning... and so I did :-)) And it was all worth it. This place is gorgeous! The lagoon view is breath taking. The highlight of our cruise. MONEY and PRICE ALERT! You can not walk through Atlantis unless you have a bracelet. The cost is $40.00 each. You get the Aquarium bracelet. It's worth it just to see the lagoon if you ask me :-)) We had lunch at the Casino Bar and Grill... We paid $40.00 for two meals and two giant sodas with tip. NOT bad for the amount we received and for where we were. We were stuffed.

I love Nassau and can't say a bad thing about it :-)

Read 2665 Nassau Reviews

Beautiful cruise terminal. We didn't do much here because the ship didn't stay that long... we do not like being pressed for time while visiting a new destination. We were enjoying our time on the ship. But this port is gorgeous and clean. The security is amazing as well. Next time we're going to take a Universal Studio trip :-)