Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by collie6570

Spa & Fitness 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

BEST cruise ever on the EPIC!
I am so tired of people going out of their way and take their time to be negative. Most of the negative replies here on Cruise Critic are ridiculous. You all take the time to bitch, complain and moan about stupid trivial things. I just read some reviews of the NCL EPIC and you people could not have been on the same cruise as I was. Or you just love to be negative and go out of your way to find fault with everything. I read some of these reviews before going on the EPIC and I too was affected by the reviews in a negative way. However, I try and find the positive in everything in life and I waited for my cruise to find out for myself. PLEASE read my review and I hope in some way I can debunk some of the stupid reviews about the EPIC left by others.

I will start out by saying I have never once left a review about any of my dozen cruises, but felt it was warranted after reading negative reviews about the EPIC.

The EPIC is a great ship. Sure, I am not happy with the smoke in the casino, but I don't gamble. Some reviewers said they hated walking through the casino to get to the other side of the ship. Well, don't walk through it. We went on other decks to get from one side of the ship to the other.

People are bitching about the sinks and how the water gets everywhere. Well, we just turned down the water stream and like magic no water got on the floor, just down the drain.

Some are saying the rooms are too small. I suggest you lose weight or splurge for a Garden Villa and you will not have this problem.

One lady said on her review that the cabin lighting was "terrible". WHAT? You have got to be kidding... The lighting was great. You put your key card in the slot next to the door to control the lights. If it is not in the lights will go off in about 30 seconds. This is a great way to conserve the ships energy from people leaving their lights on when they are not in the room. The lighting was awesome and had many choices. There were lights above the bed, near the bed, ambient lighting all over. I suggest someone get new glasses. Oh yeah, and this reviewer also complained about no free lobster on board. Seriously, get a life. With all the food choices, who needs lobster? It is an insect anyway.

The bottom line is this fellow cruiser's.

Read these reviews with a grain of salt and make up your own mind when you cruise. We can all find fault with everything when we look for it. The best thing to do is to realize that you are not at work, you are on vacation and "YOU" make your cruise what it is. If you are looking for things to be negative about, then you will surely find it. Consider that you are able to pay for a cruise, be away from the grind of everyday life and if fortunate enough, have your health. Life is way too short to be nit-picking at every little thing on a cruise ship. I too could write a bunch of negative things about the EPIC. However, this was the best cruise we have ever taken. It was a blast and the staff was great.

I have one final very important comment and story to share. We got on board in nearly 10 minutes. The embarkation was flawless. We got on around 12:00am and could not go to our rooms until 2:00am. We were chatting with this really nice staff member and this guy from nowhere interrupted us and said the following words.

"This is F****g a great way to start a cruise. There are no tables empty in the Garden Cafe and we have nowhere to sit. What are you going to F****g do about it?

OH MY GOD! Can you believe this idiot? How rude. This is what the staff on cruise ships deal with all the time. They make little money to send back to their families and take this abuse with a smile.

There were 3700 passengers on board that could not go to their rooms yet. Naturally, it would be busy in the buffet which was the only eating place open at the time. Haven't we all been to our local restaurants where we said "table for 4" and were told it would be a 20 minute wait and were given a lighted beeper when our table was ready? What is wrong with you people? How can you be so rude to another human being and be so unreasonable?

Please be kind to the staff when you cruise.

They are always surprised when we are so nice all the time. It takes more energy to be rude then to be nice.

Publication Date: 09/27/10