Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by JKR2007: Multi-generation family with 4 year old

JKR2007
Member Since 2010

Family & Children 5.0

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Multi-generation family with 4 year old

Sail Date: September 2010

Our Epic adventure....we were 2 Grandmothers and one couple with a 4 year old. Grandmothers in adjoining singles, parents and child in balcony on 12 just above us. The folks in the balcony room were happy. The studio singles are quite adequate and comfy, but I must tell you that room 11515 (and probably similarly located singles) should be avoided. It is at the end of the corridor with several crew service doors next to and just across the hall with a service area behind it on two sides, a bank of service elevators and a stairwell. The noise can be considerable although the staff posted signs on the crew only doors to prevent slamming, had the carpenter adjust the door closing mechanics and sent me chocolate covered strawberries in apology for lost sleep. The noise did improve after 10p.m., but on the night before disembarkation, the sound of suitcases (had to be outside our doors by 1 am) being hoisted about prevented any sleep at all. Take a look at the deck layout and choose More accordingly.

The staff/crew were very friendly and accommodating at all times, food was good, entertainment was top-notch- loved the circus although the patter/chatter was overmuch, Blue Man was terrific, 2nd City very enjoyable, and the band in Manhatten was terrific. We enjoyed Manhatten more than Taste, La Cucina was fine, O'Sheehans was good, and Garden Cafe had something for everyone and nice seating in the forward most area with big windows.

We enjoyed the spa area, but it tended to be warm there and the 6/7 outdoor lounges while quiet and peaceful, were void of any breeze and hot. It was never crowded (limited spa passes) and hydrotherapy pool was lovely and relaxing. We each had a spa treatment and were very satisfied.

My Grandson LOVED the Kid's Club and it was great to know that we could have an adult dinner while he was happy. We stayed on board during port days and it was great to have the pool deck free of crowds, loud band, and smokers. My family loved the water slides and enjoyed that more than hot port jaunts. Spice H2O was nice for the adults and a good place to lounge and read quietly- not too many shady areas, tho.

We avoided the smoky casino area whenever possible by walking from one end of the ship to the other via decks other than 5-6-7. Boarding was efficient and lunch was waiting at noon or so. Disembarkation was well organized and quick. Ship is lovely. We enjoyed our cruise. This is my second NCL cruise and I think they do a good job. Less

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Epic 11515

Storage space, sink, shower, bed, all fine. Toilet light was on sensor and I would prefer to have it remain ON rather than go off after a few seconds. Reading light for bed was inadequate. Didn't like changing colors of recessed lighting and it was not clear that the symbols near the telephone would change the colors. The large bed took up 1/2 the room and for a single, was unnecessary. I would prefer to have a smaller bed and more room to move about. The use of room key card for main lighting switch was no problem as I am used to that in European hotels. My cabin 11515 was surrounded by crew space and noisy. However, the location was good relative to the stairs and elevators with Garden Cafe, Kids Space, and pool area located right above on decks 14 & 15.