Island Escape Cruise Review by Glenn Hall

Island Escape
Island Escape
Member Name: Glenn Hall
Cruise Date: January 2010
Embarkation: Tenerife (Canary Islands)
Destination: Canary Islands
See More About: Island Escape Cruise Reviews | Canary Islands Cruise Reviews | Thomson Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Island Escape Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Island Escape Deck Plans
Disgruntled or what.
I had read the reviews for Island Escape & thought they were probably just a few people having a moan for no reason, WRONG, I know its a budget cruise ship but my moan is about the food never being hot, half pint glasses not being half a pint, excursions not correctly advertised, grossly overpriced & the company saying they don't get any commission.

To explain the above, the food was always just warm and the vegetables tasteless. I found that I could fit my half pint glass inside my brothers half pint glass & when I showed the waiter he just laughed. I am sure weights & measures would be interested in this. Finally,we paid £36.00 each to go to "Paradise Valley" in Agadir, Morocco which consisted of a 30 mile ride in a minibus followed by a walk down a track through a few derelict huts which turned out to be village dwellings, through a field and back onto the road constantly followed by children begging and a "breakfast" which consisted of a glass of mint tea, a piece of what was similar to nan bread and a few saucers of different dishes ie honey, peanut butter and a couple of other things. Then we were given a small bottle of mineral water,a bag with 6 dates,& a handful of almonds in & returned to the ship. The ships talk for this trip was so misleading I feel that we have been taken for complete mugs. The crew as always were always cheerful and helpful.

Publication Date: 01/16/10