Island Escape Cruise Review by J Cheshire

Island Escape
Island Escape
Member Name: J Cheshire
Cruise Date: January 2010
Embarkation: Tenerife (Canary Islands)
Destination: British Isles & Western Europe
See More About: Island Escape Cruise Reviews | British Isles & Western Europe Cruise Reviews | Thomson Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Island Escape Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Island Escape Deck Plans
Rocking and Rolling cruise - the ship not the music
This was our second cruise and I can honestly say that if it had been our first, we wouldn't be going again! It was advertised as carefree and informal, should have really been cheap and cheerful, You get what you pay for!

The ship should have been retired years a go and should certainly not be sailing in the Atlantic, and is in desperate need of refurbishment. I understand it was a ferry in a previous life, it should have stayed a ferry, some nights I really thought we were going to sink, what with the crashing and banging going on. My partner was sick two nights - not usual - and when we got back to UK I was in bed for 3 days with sickness and diarrhoea which I must have picked up on the ship. However, we did enjoy the ports of call except Agadir, why ever we went there I have no idea, never seen such a dump in my life, and having spent a day at sea it was very disappointing. The food was adequate but not very interesting and the Beachcomber bar was a free for all, much better in the Island but still the same food. The entertainment on board was excellent and the staff all very nice and helpful.

We are booked on the Spirit in May so hopefully we will enjoy that one, If not goodbye to Thomson cruises.

Publication Date: 01/14/10