Carnival Dream Cruise Review by berniemom: Roatan we'll be seeing you again

berniemom
Member Since 2006

Family & Children 5.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Roatan we'll be seeing you again

Sail Date: December 2009
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

hi everyone, The Dream won me back to Carnival . Loved the art decco deisigns all over the immaculate ship. this was the 1rst 7 Night cruising to this itinerary, Roatan,Belize,Cozumel,Costa Maya.

Roatan was the best, still in tact and not touristy, I hope they stay that way. Victor Bodden sent us a FABULOUS local tour guide, who showed us the iguana farm with monkeys, sea turtles and great local woodworkers items. Then took us to a local snorkling spot hidden away in the jungle with a bar and some lounges,along the banks just shy of the reef. WOW to Roatan.

Belize as always has fabulous snorkling.

Cozumel has always been my favorite spot to snorkle and shop with the locals in the markets, but I fear Cozumel has gotten much to touristy, but not enough for me to avoid the stop, as their snorkling is always tops and one of the places that first drew me to the carribean.

Costa Maya, Love ya, it's natural old world charm and fishing village of More markets with local wares is a place i hope i can always return and feel it hasn't been taken over by the cruise lines and commercialism.

Port canaveral has turned out to be a great spot for embarkation and dis embarkation, my only real complaint about this port would be the inconsistancy of the porters who sometimes carry your water/soda onto the ship, or make YOU carry it on even if you have a wheel chair to handle. i'll bring my luggage dolly next time, so i'm prepared either way. we where a group of 6 people, 4 of which had an unbelievably great time and a couple where less thrilled, i do believe it is what you make of it, so come with a good attitude and a good time will be had.

The Dream had great food with the exception of the 1rst nights choice, but it got much better for the rest of the cruise.

The Dream has to work out a kink with the way they have the omelette bar buffet set up with it's meats and pastries opposite the egg set up. a bit of a challenge, but nothing death defying.

The shows were great, the singers outstanding. the comedians where fantastic. I went to a piano bar for the first time and was quite pleased. The activities director has a great bunch of winners, Big bird, crazy conadian girl. There were alot of kids on this cruise however the kids programs took care of that, and did and outstanding job. Activites on sea days where alot of fun and helped to bring people together for laughter and good clean fun.

Generally the employees where happy to have the people on board and eager to please. Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Dream Balcony Upper 6463

Great snorkling. This was my 2nd time in Belize and i would go again.

LOVE LOVE this port. it has stayed focused on the reason we are drawn to the carribean. natural beaches and markets. Easily traveled and bartering is done widely and eagerly in this wonderful port. Enjoy the local ceviche and other dishes. relax and enjoy the fishing village of majhual(sp?)

I have always loved this port. the snorkling is fabulous. I always feel safe and capable to find my way around in this port. It's easy to catch a taxi and go to the best spots for all things. I do fear the commercializing is taking over a big part of this port and i hope they realize it before it loses it's old world charm and history.

Read 3104 Cozumel Reviews

(5.5)
The beautiful greenery and reefs not to mention the locals, makes this a port to remember and often return too. I do believe this has become my favorite port and a big part of that is because of the fabulous driver and local that worked for victor bodden tours. he took us all over and stopped and places for great views from above the sea to below the sea and much in between. can't wait to go back again.

Read 1645 Roatan Reviews