Carnival Dream Cruise Review by jessybee16: IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE CARNIVAL DREAM...

jessybee16
Member Since 2007

Family & Children 5.5

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Eastern Caribbean Cruises

IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE CARNIVAL DREAM...

Sail Date: January 2010
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

Okay, so I know this ship got plenty of bad reviews, and let me first say that those people are insane. Before I tell you all about this fantastic ship, let me mention the things that people have complained about and let me clear some things up.

First off, I know one complaint was that the ship smelled. Actually, I only noticed a bad smell on the 2nd floor, part of the time. I'm not sure why, but I'm sure theres a legit reason for it. Also, if you think it's so bad that it ruins the whole cruise, your nose is too strong for your own good.

Secondly, I heard that there was a review or two about the crew being unfriendly. THIS IS A COMPLETE LIE. All of the workers on the ship were super sweet.

Thirdly, there was a review about the food being cold at dinner. Lies. My food was never cold.

Go ahead and throw some more complaints out about the ship if you have any, I don't want to miss a fib.

Now for what I have to say -

First off, More when you get on the ship, if you're wanting to meet people you should def. create a funhub account. I met a lot of cool people through that... it was an excellent addition to carnival. There are tons of things that go on on this ship... so you can't really be bored unless you just sit in your room like a lame-o.

Be sure to see the "Dancing in the Street" show!!! it's AWESOME. Some of the dancers have toured with some big time people like Missy elliot and MICHAEL JACKSON! so you don't want to miss that show.

As a musician, I feel that I should mention the musicians that were on the ship. They were OUTSTANDING. I won't give away what happens in the shows, but just know that the band members will be way more involved.. and it's awesome :)

The carnival staff on this ship were pretty attractive, if that helps you look forward to it :p

To the bingo lovers - well, this is really just to the scratch card lovers...unfortunately, they replaced scratchcards for some other match card thing...you'll have to see. it's 5 dollars to buy, and it's the only negative change I found.

If you cruise on eastern caribbean, when you get to st.thomas you should def do the castaway girl excursion. it's a BLAST. :)

I MISS THE CRUISE!! Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Dream Interior Main 2209

(5.5)
Nassau is a pretty cool place, I don't know as much about it as the other places, but the Atlantis is awesome.

Read 2627 Nassau Reviews

St.Maarten was beautiful. I only went to the dutch side, but it had a lot to offer. Tons of shops, pretty beaches (I went to little bay beach - if you're up for a hike, theres one that you can take there that overlooks the beach. it's beautiful)

I LOVE ST.THOMAS!! it's gorgeous.

While in st.thomas, I had an excursion on the "Castaway girl" for snorkeling. This is probably one of the best excursions I have ever done (it was also my 2nd time on it, because I love it so much) If you don't like snorkeling, you'll at least appreciate the free drinks on the ride back..just don't appreciate it too much, if you know what I mean.

Read 2323 St. Thomas Reviews