Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by lyndtv: Cruise with granddaughter

Family & Children 5.0

Compare Prices on Caribbean Princess Western Caribbean Cruises

Cruise with granddaughter

Sail Date: August 2014

I took a five night cruise with my 13 year old granddaughter. Husband was back at work and Ashlynn, who spends August with us, wanted to leave the USA. It was her first cruise and my first time on Princess. We had a great time. the ship is lovely, the largest I have been on. We prefer HAL but have travelled on other lines.

I felt this cruise was a great value. Five nights, with a balcony, for a little over $1,000. We were upgraded to deck 10. The cabin was a decent size with a large closet and a big balcony. Weather was great . My granddaughter really enjoyed the Teen Program.

My only dissatisfaction was with the food service. The buffet seating area was too small. Every time we used it, regardless of time of day, there was a long search for a table. Often food had cooled by the time a seat was found.

I had signed up for Anytime Dining. I would never opt for that again. Every night, and I prefer to eat late, was like Friday night at the local chain More restaurant, complete with the pagers when a table was available. Much better to sign up for scheduled meal time at the same table. Less

Read more Caribbean Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Caribbean Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Caribbean Princess C518

Very nice, huge closet, large balcony, refrigerator.

Chankanaab National Park Tour

(4)

That wasn't the name of where we went .xcaret, an ecological park. Lovely, lots of wildlife, rivers, beach, Mayan culture. It was a long trip, 40 minutes on a ferry, then a walk to a bus and a 15 minute trip to the park. Park itself was great.

Beach Break

(5)

Bus to Seven Mile Beach, lovely beach with shade, not crowded at all. Very good restaurant at Tiki Beach. Good rum punch and excellent Food.