“GREAT TIME”

Member Since 2014
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

I was very scared to go on a cruise but was encouraged by my daughter and co-workers to do so. On July 2014, I embarked from New York to go to Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, and Grand Turk on the Carnival Splendor. I was travelling with three of my children and my nieces and nephew (8 people). I was truly amazed at the ship and the size. It was a huge ship clean and well kept. I was assigned to the first floor Room 182. I was very pleased with the room and it was an Ocean view room. Embarkation was not too bad and after about one hour I was actually on the ship. Everyone was kind and smiled throughout the journey. The food was good and there were a lot of choices. I had read all of the reviews and I was 50/50 about the whole situation. I am writing this review from my heart and anyone who wishes to begin cruising should definitely begin with this cruise. For the beginning of the cruise I believe I was in total shock and did not really enjoyed myself until the next two days. Although the ship was called the "Pink Ship" it was not bad. I was pleased with what I was seeing. I enjoyed the food and the entertainment. My family were blown away by the staff who for most of the time were very kind and helpful. We ate at the Black Pearl Restaurant and became very attached to the waiters and waitresses. I cried on the last night when they sang to the guest. I felt connected to the crew members, and although Eric the cruise Director use to annoy me at times, I grew to love him. The hidden costs surprised me for example the water that they leave in your cabin (way too expensive). Generally we enjoyed ourselves, and we would be cruising again.

Carnival Splendor Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

1282
I was satisfied with our room. It was kept very clean by the staff and I was pleased to see how they decorated our beds every night with the animal folded towels.

Port

I love San Juan, find it very interesting and clean. The driver we hired was very friendly and was educated on his History of the country. I find it less expensive to use private transport than to do the excursions which are pretty pricey.

Read 2,274 San Juan Reviews
Port

The Port was great, I enjoyed the blue clear water. I really had a great time in the ocean. St. Thomas is wonderful.

Read 3,412 St. Thomas Reviews
Published 08/11/14
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Splendor Review
Carnival Splendor Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?