Thomson Dream Cruise Review by lorainem: Rust Bucket !!!! Don't Think So

Rust Bucket !!!! Don't Think So

Sail Date: June 2014
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Palma de Mallorca

Referring to the previous review - we were on the Thomson Dream at the same time and wouldn't call the ship a rust bucket - yes the ship is older but definitely not a rust bucket or a dirty ship. Unless there are two ships with the same name.

We embarked at Palma on a sunny day and were swiftly allocated our cabin 7120 (inside) which was clean and tidy and perfectly adequate for our needs. Our luggage arrived to the cabin before we did so after unpacking we went up to deck 11 for something to eat, plenty of choice at the buffet which was served to you for the first couple of days not I think for cost cutting but to try and stop any viruses spreading by some people not using the hand gel and handling the food instead of using tongs provided. I would prefer them to do this rather than falling ill and as for the portions if you wanted more you just had to ask.

The water leak on deck 9 - yes the tannoy message was a bit alarming at 02.15 a.m but the cruise director did More say that no action by passengers was required and what would people prefer that they left the water leak until a more reasonable time or knock on all the crew's cabins to alert them!!!!! Yes deck 9 buffet restaurant was closed but they didn't have an option the carpet etc was sodden - they did try there utmost to provide alternative dining arrangements eg. deck 11 was open at night and deck 9 pool grill was open later. this matter was outwith their control and in my opinion dealt with very well.

The staff on the dream are exceptional and go out of there way to assist and serve the passengers.

This was our fourth cruise on the Dream and I admit I don't have anything to compare this cruise with but the larger American etc lines do not interest me as I don't think they would have the same friendly atmosphere. If you want six star service etc pay the price and sail on Cunard if not and you want a very nice cruise choose the Thomson Dream. By the way we enjoyed it so much I have booked a two week cruise for next year and we will be also on board this October. Less

Read more Thomson Dream cruise reviews >>