Thomson Spirit Cruise Review by weesyl: BALTIC CRUISE

BALTIC CRUISE

Sail Date: May 2014
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Embarkation: Newcastle (England)

Arrived at Newcastle which was a very pleasant embarkation unlike airports. It had been 8 years since my husband and I was last on this ship and we definitely noticed a huge change on the ship.We were located on deck 7 deluxe suite, which was ok I guess towels were well worn could have had better,bathroom badly needed updating expecially the shower, it took us all holiday to try and master the shower flow, you would go in and it was hot the next minute you could have been scalded.FOOD Lido was ok for first 2 days and then down hill rapidly, as a previous cruiser already intimated the food was definitely not british consumption curries every day for 10 days rice , so called roast potatoes which I would never have called them that, we only had boiled potato once. Compass Rose food was first class.

Public toilets were few and smelt terrible, they were always breaking down.

Staff were excellent and very friendly.

Thomson excursions - Once you are on the bus the More tour guide in formed the people that taking your own photographs/video had to be paid for in euros and billed to your account on the ship, which I felt was ridiculous.

Doctor - If you require to go to the doctor may I add that you pay the full amount and at the end of your holiday they then invoice your account for insurance purposes,

Thomson seem to have lost a bit of their customer excellence , now they seem to give the hard sell everyday whether it was excursions or products on board, everyday they had specials for you buy which I felt were over powering.

Bingo - if you wish to play bingo on board you pay for your books through account, and any monies won are credited to your account which took a shine of the game.£5 for one book only!!!

The holiday itself was wonderful it was just disappointing about the weather. We had a rough seas bad fog for a few days, HOWEVER may I thank the captain for all his hard work in making our journey safe, everyday he would advise of the temp etc .

This is a lovely itinery I have waited a long time for trip and it was well worth it. Less

Read more Thomson Spirit cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Thomson Spirit Review >>

Cabin review: Thomson Spirit 104

Shower requires renewed, cabin could do with a full refurbish ,