Carnival Valor Cruise Review by NeedToVacation: Great ports! Fun cruise. Couldn't beat the good deal!

NeedToVacation
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Carnival Valor Southern Caribbean Cruises

Great ports! Fun cruise. Couldn't beat the good deal!

Sail Date: May 2014
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

This was our second time on the Valor. It's a nice smaller ship - very comfortable. The cruise director, Craig, was very good, and so funny! We had wonderful waiters in the Main Dining Room, and great room stewards.

The room was very spacious, with a couch and table, and lots of closet space. We also had 8229, next door. We asked at Customer Service to have the partition opened between our two balconies. It was great! We could see the officers standing in the Bridge area from our balcony. There are just staterooms above and below, so no noise. Very comfortable.

There was a "Towel Animal Theater" show that I had never seen that was a HOOT! Kids sat right up on the stage by the puppet show. There was singing and dancing and bubbles! I enjoyed it, and I didn't even have any young children with me! Ha!

*I always enjoy the Mongolian Wok and the delicious pizza. And we think it's totally worth the wait to get real eggs in the morning at the Omelette Station. The More Seaday Brunch is great. Try the pork chop!! We turn in our free drink coupons there for a strawberry pina colada or a soda.

The Comedy Club shows were SO funny! Oh, and there was a Ripley's Believe It or Not show (Will Rotten) that was just CRAZY and amazing and hilarious! My teenage son & I enjoyed it. Less

Read more Carnival Valor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Valor Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Valor Balcony Verandah 8225

Took a taxi to Accra Beach. Good soft white sand beach. Very wavy that day. Family loved the body surfing. Taxis a bit more expensive than at other ports.

Read 707 Barbados Reviews

Took a taxi to Cockleshell Beach. Not a beautiful beach, but just average-looking. We had fun swimming and throwing a ball. Ate lunch at Spice Mill Restaurant right on the beach. Highly recommend!! Best jerk chicken ever!! good burgers & fries too.

Snorkeling

Booked with Papa Boat Tours at dock that morning. Great guides Eli and Skittles. Fun water taxi boat tour to snorkel at Anse Chastanet beach. Take pics with Pitons in background. See Marigot Bay.
Wonderful day!!

Took water taxi from cruise ship. Then caught local bus to Mullet Bay. One of my favorites!! Bluest clearest water around!! Good snorkel area to left side. Great for swimming. And you can still see planes coming in for landing at Maho, next door.