Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by Bludragon: Disappointed :(

Disappointed :(

Sail Date: May 2014
Destination: Asia
Embarkation: Other

Not what we expected. Booked two years ago whilst on the Silhouette being assured that the Aqua Class had been newly built. Paid full price for the Aqua Class experience......the spa was so bad, cold changing room, inadequate hot water, no individual heated chairs , open to everyone on the ship.....no key card security for entrance that I never used the facilities nor did I book any massage treatments as I had planned based on this poor first impression.

The Captain was paternalistic in constantly reminding us to "wash our hands" ....he was speaking to the converted. Perhaps signs in multiple languages posted near the public washrooms and pool areas might have been more efficacious. (My spouse who did brave the steam room left after witnessing a man, hawking, or clearing sputum from his lungs openly in the steam room......maybe he was not even Aqua Class....who knows but I dare say anyone using the facilities after this paragon of virtue would be sharing those nasty little More green specimens. Put a lock on the spa. When dealing with a "sick ship" give a card, in multiple languages, stating that spitting in public......etc is a serious health hazard. A final note on hygiene was when a friend told me he had eaten lunch in the cafeteria. The waiter wanted to put salt on his food. After having watched the aforementioned waiter cleaning used cutlery and dirty plates for the previous ten minutes he turned, and nicely said to the staff, " when was the last time you washed your hands?"

So many small, unwelcome changes. Lack of flowers throughout the ship. No rose in Aqua class on Mother's Day. ( flowers did eventually come to the room through Captain's Club). No nightly chocolate.....not that I need chocolate or can't buy it for myself.....when I asked the steward he did what he had been told and said there was no chocolate. When a fellow guest in Blu said she had to phone Guest Relations to receive her chocolate I too phoned, grovelled and subsequently received the token....?.I should not have had to ask.

If Celebrity is choosing to ignore the small things that make the difference then I believe you have the duty to spell it out up front so that your guests can make informed choices up front. We have booked a future cruise with Celebrity and will be going to India with Azamara in November. We will never sale in the Millennium again. Less

Read more Celebrity Millennium cruise reviews >>