Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by Greek cruiser

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by Greek cruiser
Oasis of the Seas
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

WONDERFUL WEEK ON THE OASIS!

This was our first RC cruise and our 9th cruise. We've sailed Carnival 6 times and Celebrity 2 times before. The Oasis, by FAR, had the BEST shows on all 3 lines. Hands down!!! We booked our shows months before, so we were set, but many people were upset and didn't know that they needed to book ahead to get reservations and spent time waiting in lines, hoping to get in. That is very sad and I would be upset, too, if that was us. RC should be emailing people once they book a cruise and let them know. Our TA told us right away so we took care of it early. It was not easy to figure out the process, but after an hour of working on it, it worked out and we were able to sign up for everything.

The food in the MDR was overall good, but they didn't have as much of a selection to pick from, like Celebrity and Carnival has. Overall we have to rate Celebrity #1, Carnival #2 and RC #3 for the overall dining experience in their MDR's. Sadly I found the beef on the Oasis to be pretty bland and tasteless, I am serious!!! On our first night I got the prime rib and couldn't wait to try it! It looked lean, thick and amazing. However, It was sadly totally tasteless, even with the au jus and extra salt and pepper I added. I was so disappointed! It ruined my dinner, but the banana creme brulee was very good! The next time I had a craving for beef, 2 days later, I ordered the Chops Grill filet mignon from the MDR menu that was totally FABULOUS!!! It cost an extra $16.95, but it was totally worth it!!! I didn't find that on Celebrity or Carnival. Their beef was always tasty in the MDR. Our waiters at our table #335 (Moises and Sedwick) and our head waiter or maitre d'(who was over them) whose name was Ventsi were all wonderful!!! They always greeted us by name and were very attentive and friendly. They always came by and just chatted about our day, dining experience, etc.... and it was nice. We were at a table for 6 but sadly had the table to ourselves all week. Every night we came into the MDR thinking we would have dinner guests, but it never happened. We moved around the table all week and settled on our best view. We talked to the people around us and got outstanding service because it was just the two of us. Ventsi was from Bulgaria so when I asked on the first night for a little plate of feta cheese, he had a big Greek salad waiting for us the next night with about 2 lbs. of feta in it. I kid you not! He did the same thing the next night! I had to tell him thank you, but to just bring a small plate of feta instead in the future and small was always a pound of it. I am not kidding! I had to take pictures!

We loved the Park Cafe for fresh, and I mean FRESH lettuce and pristine salad toppings and the BEST roast beef sandwiches EVER! Don't miss going!!! I read that people loved the roast beef sandwiches, but until you try it, you have no clue how terrific it is. The desserts in the Park Cafe were super, too! Cream puffs, red forest cake, cookies.... just wonderful!

We normally went to the MDR for breakfast for their sit down made to order food off their menu, but we checked out the buffet in the MDR and it always looked very good. Their eggs Benedict were wonderful! They have a donut shop, pizza place and coffee shop that is great, too. The donuts, pizza and desserts and sandwiches in the coffee shop were complimentary but the specialty coffee cost extra.

We booked the Chef's Table one night and we loved it!!! We've done it before on the Valor and Miracle and although RC does not include a galley tour in theirs, it was still wonderful!! One bottle was over $300 we tried. It was the last one they served... #6 of 6. The wine steward spoke great English and was a crackup! He kept saying, TA DA every time he brought out a course or wine. He has traveled all over the US and certainly knew about the grapes, areas and process... We are from California and like our wines but he was pretty amazing! The chef was very sweet but extremely hard to understand. I was at the end closest to him and I just smiled. I caught one out of 10 words he was saying. We loved the experience and recommend it to anyone that wants a different dining experience!

Go to the shows on board! They are all outstanding!! You don't want to miss them!

Overall we loved the Oasis and would sail her again. We look forward to sailing on the Allure and RC's other 2 new ships in the works... ]

No other ship comes close to what they have to offer!!!

Publication Date: 05/01/14