Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by bransunny

Cabin Number: 8654, 8709
Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

Best vacation ever!

This was our families first cruise together (my 4th, husbands 2nd). We could not have asked for a better vacation! Flew into town friday night, stayed at Fairfield Inn, very nice accommodations for an 8 hour rest. took the free shuttle from airport to hotel. Went to dinner at Rustic Inn Crab house for a fun and delicious dinner, though a bit of a wait and a bit pricey. Took for hire shuttle provided to the ship in the morning. The 3 kids, all early teens, went to the first meet and greet in the teen lounge before we even departed and we hardly saw them again…we had to threaten them to make them eat dinner with us! The flow rider, sport court and teen lounge kept them so busy with their many new friends all day we never had to entertain them at all. We booked a grand suite for us and a Boardwalk balcony for the kids…great decision! Perfect! The rooms were lovely and clean! We ate in the MDR 4 times, all were good, only great night was the second formal night, which is Lobster night, don't miss it! We loved Izumi (very good sashimi and rolls) and Giovannis table (awesome family style dishes, wait staff and food), liked 150 Central Park (food was great, set menu, high priced wine pairing). Kids loved Park Cafe for included fare food, and Sorrentos Pizza for late night pizza before bed. Windjammer was always too crowded and not very good. Access to the Concierge lounge was well worth the upgraded suite price…breakfast and lunch here were unmatched anywhere on the ship! And the Concierges, Allan and Charmaine, were positively lovely to us and our kids, always using all of our names and offering help with anything! My favorite bar was the wipeout bar on the 15th deck next to the Flow riders…the daytime Bartender Milward was my favorite staff member on the ship by far! He learned my name on the first day and greeted me every time I walked up with a big smile. We did the premium drink package for my husband and I and soda for the kids…the kids and I got our monies worth , not my husband who tired of drinking by day 5 (personal choice here, but I loved not thinking about if I would like the drink or if I really needed another, just ordered and moved on to the the fun stuff).

Excursions- didn't pre plan here so we found most to be booked up…at Nassau we got off the ship and found the guide for the one we wanted to do (Blue Lagoon), made a side deal with him and got it for half price. Blue Lagoon was okay (beautiful locale, but a money grab if you want to do anything but to sit in a lounge chair and look at the water) In St Thomas we took an open air taxi to Magans Bay…a beautiful place with amazing calm water, but it was packed with ten times too many people and awful food options. We left early and went back to town where we had one of our best meals at a hole in the wall called Greengos Cantina. Amazing mexican/caribbean food (the chicken is slow cooked and it tastes like heaven) Go here!!! In St Maarten we again found the excursions all booked so we walked into town and found a scuba shop called CDC (Caribbean Dive College PADI) and made a deal for a discovery dive for kids who have never scuba'd and husband and I who are certified. Half price of ship and better from what we heard. Great people! Dove an area were things have washed up from hurricanes and planted there (helicopters, airplanes, ship wrecks) awesome!!! Do this, even if you're not a diver, it's awesome!

Debarkation- carry your own luggage off! We went down at 6:15am and were one of the first 100 people off by 7am. So easy, and you don't have to pack and put your stuff out the night before! Get thru customs in 5 minutes. Then go spend the day in Florida (we did Gator Boys in the Everglades and lunch at Hollywood Beach, again on our own).

Sorry for the long review, but like I said this was our best vacation ever! Love Oasis of the Seas and Royal Caribbean! Cant wait to go back and do it again!

Publication Date: 05/03/14