Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by ajent

Oasis of the Seas
Member Name: ajent
Cruise Date: April 2014
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: Oasis of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+

Disappointment of the Seas

I have been on 11 cruises over 6 cruise lines.

Day one on ship everything seems fine until the dining room. A week before embarkation I reserved a private table for me & fiance. Once I get to the dining room, they try to set us at a large table full of people. This is how i've always done dinner in the past and it is OK, however I did make my request and was accepted a week previous for a table for 2. I explain this to the dining room manager, she replies to me loud enough for the whole area to hear: "What, do you hate people so much that you can't sit next to them?" How professional of her. I did eat in the dining room that night, and formal night only. The food was on par with their Monarch of the Seas, so I ate at the buffet the other nights, which wasn't so bad since it's the same food anyway.

My favorite island is Nassau, which this ship spent the least amount of time at. Didn't have time to eat breakfast and visit Atlantis.

St. Thomas looked like a freight yard and the boat spends the Most time at this island.

St. Maarten was enjoyable, specifically airport beach.

Reservations for shows are highly recommended. I didn't reserve for the comedy show, and never got to see it. This is my fault for not reserving; I think the room holds 40 people.

The highlight of the entertainment was Mo5aic, a music group out of Las Vegas. Improv show was also good.

The "neighborhoods" are unique for a ship, but they don't draw the crowd. If you want to visit the buffet, you must wait in line before entering as it is always over crowded.

This ship is like a floating tourist attraction rather than a relaxing cruise. Everyone I overheard had seen it on TV and wanted to sail.

I did love the ship itself, but the staff, entertainment, and food for 7 days is definitely lacking.

I suppose the price is worth it once, if you want bragging rights.

Publication Date: 04/27/14