Thomson Celebration 1

“First time with Thomson”
Cruise review of Thomson Celebration

peter.longfield
Member Since 2014

Overall Member Rating

Thought we would try Thomson as a change. Never again. From start to finish, check-in to disembarkation

At check in we were given envelope with cabin number and luggage labels in marked up premier check in. Got to desk to be informed abruptly by a senior person there is no Premier check in get to back of queue.

Food quality and service were poor, one night my wife was presented with Leek and cheese pie, pastry yuk, filling lacking, On last night I had beef goulash, meat gristly, taste severely lacking. Mariner restraunt service on one night, we went in at 7 pm and by 8-30 pm the main course plates still had not been collected. On way out I told deputy Metra De of my complaint. By way of sorry next am appeared sparkling wine and choc dipped strawberries!!

There was a constant badgering to spend on extras. From steak under the stars to reserved seats in the show lounge?

The cost of non alcoholic drinks was excessive, £1.80 for a can of Sprite. More

The evening shows were song and dance after song and dance.

The music was all way loud so singers had to shout, shame as I believe they had good voices.

The useful information e.g. when the ship has been cleared by customs and passengers can get off, what the weather is likely to be whist ashore, how to get out of the port. All were lacking.

The cruise director conspicuous by his absence other than after the show in the evening, never seen around the ship or at the gang plank. Where he did give information on last night of the cruise he told us , when filling out the survey if we thought question deserved 7 or more out of ten we should mark it up as excellent!!! Never 10 out of 10 = excellent.

All in all not our best cruise.

. Less

Value for Money

Published 02/17/14

Read Cruise Critic's Thomson Celebration Review
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?