Thomson Celebration Cruise Review by jeannierose: No Celebration for us!

Thomson Celebration 4
Member Since 2014

Overall Member Rating

No Celebration for us!

Sail Date: January 2014
Destination: Canary Islands
Embarkation: Tenerife

This was our first cruise ever, so did not know what to expect, and were looking forward to it. The first thing we noticed was that everything was trembling all the time. Every seat when eating or watching the entertainment, even in bed, there was no peace from it. Unfortunatly the sea was very rough, so rough that my husband had to call the doctor for myself for sea sickness, I always thought that these ships would have some kind of stabalisers in them, but we could literally not keep upright.

It was not all bad news, the crew and the food on the ship was amazing, as was the entertainment. You could not fault the cleanliness either, our cabin was very comfortable (Apart from the trembling) we had booked an upgrade to a suite on a high deck. The trip to Morocco had to be posponed because of the bad seas, which was understandable. Chatting to seasoned cruisers we were told that it was the worse ship they have ever travelled on mainly because of the trembling and the rough More sea.

The disembarkation back in Tenerife went smoothly and I must say we were pleased to get off. I think it will be a long while, if ever, that we will do it again! Less

Published 02/17/14

Read more Thomson Celebration cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Thomson Celebration Review >>

Cabin review: 126

We upgraded to a suite which was quite large. It had a small settee and chair. Ample storage, King size bed, bath and shower.

Member Since 2014
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?