Royal Princess Cruise Review by howardgo1

Royal Princess
Royal Princess
Member Name: howardgo1
Cruise Date: January 2014
See More About: Royal Princess Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Member Rating   Not Rated
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

WOW!

This was our 26th cruise, Ruby members on Princess.

We get to embark and I ask the person if as a ruby member I can cut the line.

Poor woman- she hears Ruby, gets very agitated and says "the Ruby left yesterday"!!

Anyway.. after reading all the reviews here, I was scared. First time ever I witheld all the negativity from my wife who so looks forward to this till the very end. All I can say is this cruise was one of our best.

We had a fantastic time. Next year won't even want to go on the newer Regal, will want to return to this beauty and friendly helpful staff from the guy in charge of the Sanctuary to the busboy....

How come no one talks about The Pastry Shop. What a welcome addition to any cruise for those with a sweet tooth, though many sugar free as well.

And all pastries new and different every day.

The cabin was fine ( deluxe balcony), plenty of room. The balcony may be small but certainly not terrible as everyone was writing about. The toilet paper holder- not great but certainly not a big deal. Elevators were functional and never a long wait. By the way the configuration of elevators stopping in the middle after deck 7 was purely a safety configuration in case of an emergency.

Our steward was a woman, one of the friendliest we have ever had on all our cruises. Took an interest in us, my wife said it was kind of like ker mother. Did not pass one crew member who was not friiendly and helpful.

The casino was fine and not a smoking issue in my opinion.

The sanctuary was unbelieveable and at $20 for a half day from 1-6 a deal. So relaxing.

Pool chairs- what is the issue. At 10 oclock on sea days there were choice seats available both by the pool as well as up top to watch the movie. I watched at 9:55 as one person came and grabbed 8 choice seats.

Were most choice seats filled by 10:15-10:30, of course, but no different from any other cruise boat. Throughout the day could still find choice seats and if you wanted out of the way, literally hundreds of seats on the back areas of decks 16-17 waiting for someone to sit in them.

Pizza, Hamburgers, Bars, ice cream all very centrally located and easy to access.

Entertainment was mixed, Beatles Mania with concerts on 2 nights were unbelieveable as was the illutionist.

The production shows were good but we never have loved these.

We loved the comedy one evening but needed more comics and comedy throughout the cruise. Also poor prep for the 'newlewed game" and should have been in MUCH larger venue.

The heated pool outside the sanctuary and open to all was great to swim in and do my laps.

On the cruise my wife developed sciatica. Josh the acupuncturist in the spa was fantastic and literally helped her back to walking and enjoying the cruise.

The buffet was large and much delicious food at all meals and during the day.

On the last morning they were still preparing waffles and omlettes ordered individually.

Would have liked better jewely shops on board and items like inch of gold sales, but guess you can't have it all. Princess Cay not a great island but none of the lines islands are and certainly better then being assaulted to purchase in Labardee Haiti (RC) in those side shops.

Dining room food and service great and quick. We chose second seating and always had our table open and ready for us even when we arrived a half hour early.

Beverage card was great but missed the peach and rasberry smoothies I can get on Celebrity.

Also they do not provide the chocolate milk shakes as on the Ruby and other Princess ships. My wife was thrilled though, said i will live longer.

Love the cushions, blankets and popcorn they provide for the night movies.

Internet overall was great and used my IPAD throughout the ship but was down a little when I needed it the most.

Overall one of our best!!

Publication Date: 02/07/14