Royal Princess Cruise Review by ocom

Royal Princess
Member Name: ocom
Cruise Date: December 2013
Cabin Number: B625
See More About: Royal Princess Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

Royal Princess disapointment

We love cruising and are already planning our next trip. We were married on a Princess cruise and have sailed with Princess nine times. Most recently we were onboard Royal Princess Dec 22 -29, 2013. The Ship is beautiful, but we were very disappointed and would not book it again due to the following.

1. Embarkation process was very slow. Lots of confusion.

2. Our cabin # B625 was smaller than most we’ve seen but nice. The balcony however was unusually small. About 3 x 8 ft. Category BB. We paid $2388.00. Not worth it! And yes, we get that it was more because of the time of year but also expected more.

3. Pool areas were over crowded. Not enough lounge chairs. People were fighting over them.

4. We stayed at the Westin Diplomat precruise. The pools at the hotel are huge. There was a sign posted , at the Westin, stating the legal bathing load for the pool we visited was 39 persons. There were hundreds of people trying to use the two small pools on the ship with no such sign. It really made me wonder what the legal bathing load is onboard?

5. Very strong raw sewage odors on the deck 17 jogging track, the deck 16 adult pool area and the Lotus Spa entrance on deck 5.

6. Lots of great bands around the ship but the entertainment in the Princess theatre was not very good. Most nights seemed to be the same old show with different costumes.

7.Christmas Eve show had very little, if anything, to do with Christmas. Started with a very boring light show. There was a magician that did not speak, a pair of very strange tumblers and of course the Princess dancers came out dressed like hookers with lots of kids present??

8. On the first day we had an unfortunate encounter with a stressed out crew member , a fry cook, who was very rude to us and two other ladies waiting in line at the pool side grill. Who knows how many others he offended that day. His name was Francis.

9. Ship is rated for 3500 passengers but they boarded over 4000 and were bragging about it over the intercom system. What happened to passenger safety being #1?

10. Very slow service in the Piazza bars. We actually left a couple of times because we we were not waited on after 15+ minutes.

11.Sushi bar was always covered with dirty plates and glasses yet they never seemed to have any customers??

12.Went to the Horizon Court most days for breakfast. Had to stick to cereal and fruit because the cooked food was always cold:(

13.Tried the main dining room one morning. Ordered eggs sunny side up, ham and whole wheat toast. Didn’t get one thing I asked for. All at my table got scrambled eggs and bacon with white toast?

14.Disembarkation was interesting. Had to wait in line with hundreds of passengers for a taxi. Diesel fumes from idling buses and trucks in this area were overwhelming.

15.The day after we got home I received an e-mail from Princess with a customer satisfaction survey. Filled it out and mentioned most of the above points. Got a generic response from Princess Cruises Customer Relations Specialist, stating she was sorry we would not recommend Princess to friends and family and invited me to contact her directly, so I sent her an e-mail. I asked her why she did not comment on any of my concerns? She did not respond, nor will she ever.  I won’t bother filling out any more Princess surveys since no one reads them!

16. They finally called me but only because I contacted Princess customer relations. She offered no explanation, compensation or apologies. All she did was acknowledge receiving my e-mails and did tell they have been having a number of problems with the ships ventilation system causing the raw sewage odors in the public areas.

Publication Date: 02/03/14