Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by TeresaMac1971: Best Cruise yet

Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Carnival Breeze Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Best Cruise yet

Sail Date: December 2013

Our family loves Carnival. My mother has cruised for years and introduced us to cruising a couple years ago. This year, after much deliberation, we decided to go with the 8 day Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Breeze out of Miami. We had ports of call in Grand Turk, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas and St. Maarten. We mainly choose this itinerary because my boyfriend and I wanted to go to Puerto Rico. We had been to St. Thomas and St. Maarten on a previous cruise and loved both of them.

We cruised as a group of 10 (4 cabins) and booked cove balcony rooms. We love the cove balcony rooms - I initially chose one because of a fear of heights so I love being down lower. Also you do have a little more privacy than the upper decks and less movement when in rough seas. We had a wonderful cabin steward - Gabriel from Romania. Gabriel always met us with a smile and was so very friendly. He made the best towel animals too lol. Anything we needed - Gabriel was right there. My only word of caution More - choose carefully. Some rooms are under the Galley and can be quite noisy in the early morning hours.

Our first impression of the Breeze was wow.. . .and that impression never changed throughout the cruise. The service everywhere was top notch. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The decor was beautiful. The bed was comfortable. The views were amazing.

The entertainment was much better on this cruise than any we had experienced previously. We stumbled across a band called #RhythmNation featuring the vocals of Devan Bolding and Andreece Williams. They will be on the Breeze through May so if you cruise the Breeze - you have to check them out. They played a range of everything from the 60's to current. My favorite was 80s night :-) Their lead guitar player was awesome. They even played an acoustic set in the Red Frog Pub one evening and it was good too. Every night they played - the Ocean Plaza Lounge was standing room only. In fact - there wasn't even standing room - people would be lined up all the way to the casino and the Red Frog pub just to hear them. There were also several acoustical singers in the Red Frog Pub and they were pretty good.

The waitstaff everywhere was wonderful. Just to mention a few - Argie at the Tides Bar made an awesome Mocha Chocolate Getaway. Jeaelle and Carlton in the Red Frog were pretty awesome too. But our favorite was Yusef Sept from Indonesia in Ocean Plaza. Yusef greeted us by name every time he saw us. He had our drink orders and our sign and sail number memorized from the first night. Everyone loved Yusef's bubbly personality. He was a favorite of many passengers.

The food was much improved as well. Our waitstaff in the Blush Dining Room were Asep and Wayan. Coincidentally - Asep had been on our last cruise on the Dream as well. So it was nice to see a familiar face. He remembered us too - even though it had been over a year since we had seen him. The assistant Maitre D' Zikret went above and beyond. We saw him everywhere and he was always checking to make sure you enjoyed the food, the service and the cruise. In fact, the first formal night - he stopped by our table to see if we were enjoying ourselves. He asked my 4 year old nephew Jonah about his food. Jonah replied that he likes Pizza. Zikret asked him what kind of pizza he liked. Jonah told him pepperoni and cheese. So Zikret went and had him a special made half pepperoni half cheese pizza made- brought ti to him and seved him. Jonah was over the moon.. He also made sure the magician visited our table. I had read on John Heald's blog that the tea recipe was "new and improved" and I have to say that I agree. It was much better than previous cruises.

If you are looking to book a cruise soon - choose the Carnival Breeze. You will not be disappointed. Less

Read more Carnival Breeze cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Breeze Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Breeze 2378

The room was as expected. Beautiful decor. Comfy Bed. Love the privacy of the Cove Balcony. We had adjoining balconies with my mother and niece next door so we had our balcony divider opened.

Grand Turk is a very beautiful little island. We got off the ship and walked left to the point of the island. It was very windy, but we saw lots of interesting things to photograph. Then we came back to Margaritaville for some entertainment. We took a cab right into Cockburntown. It's a very quaint town with lots of photography and shopping opportunities. There is not a lot to do besides enjoy the outdoors in Grand Turk. Margaritaville has a huge pool with a swim up bar and the Flowrider. The beaches in Grand Turk are beautiful. To the right of the ship is a little more wild - surf is rougher, beach is rockier. To the left of the ship - the beach is smooth and sandy with gentle surf. Just a short walk down the beach is Jack's Shack which is a must :-)

We loved San Juan. As both of us are avid photographers - we have decided to go back here for an extended visit. Old San Juan was very picturesque. The forts are a must see for anyone that loves history. There is so much to see and do that it can't possibly be accomplished in a short trip.

Read 1358 San Juan Reviews

We love St. Maarten. It is probably one of our favorite ports. The guavaberry pina colada is to die for. We each brought home a bottle of guavaberry rum. This trip - we took a cab ride over to Maho Beach. It was amazing. Loved seeing, hearing and feeling the planes come in. Then we went back to Phillipsburg and enjoyed some shopping.

As we'd done an excursion on St Thomas previously. . .this time we decided to explore on our own. My favorite part of the day was the trip to Paradise Point. The tram ride up and back was scary for me as I'm afraid of heights. . .but it was well worth it. The view is amazing. And the bushwhackers were pretty darn good too. Got some great photos of an iguana who just posed for us too lol.

Read 2322 St. Thomas Reviews