Become a Cruise Insider
Tips, deals and more in your inbox.

Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by retiring soon: 6 days Breezed by!

Carnival Breeze 4
retiring soon
Member Since 2006
6,021 Posts

6 days Breezed by!

Sail Date: November 2013

This was my 2nd Carnival cruise this year/ever & I loved it. I still think about the lovely meal (the salad with lemon was amazing!) I had the last night in the Cucina del Capitano & the Guy's Burgers.

I flew to FLL & stayed at the Comfort Inn by the airport which had a rate that offered a shuttle to Miami at either nine or noon so since I had bought FTTF I picked 9. The hotel was quite nice with an included breakfast down by the pool & it was very near to a McDonalds,Taco Bell with a Chipotle across the street.

Got to the port about 9:30 but didn't get on the ship until after 11:30 as there was some kind of problem.

I headed right to my cabin 2217, a 1A two porthole near the bow. I really liked the cabin which was spacious since it only had a single bed & a sofa.

Headed to La Cucina for the free lunch was which quite nice. I had Penne, bread, Caesar salad & lemonade..

I checked out my DR table assignment & More saw it was a large one which is what I requested since I was travelling alone.

I'm not going to do a play by play of this cruise but will say it was very enjoyable & like my Dream cruise I'd do it again.

I did the tour of the ship the 1st afternoon with Ashley who was a really nice guy from Toronto (my hometown) & whenever I saw him at trivia or bean bag toss he remembered my name.

I also went to the Steakhouse the 1st night, the cooking demo the next day, all the shows which I really enjoyed even if they didn't have live music. I took the "Behind the Fun Tour" which was interesting & met the Captain who was very nice & approachable. I played Bingo, tried my luck at the Casino & went to comedy shows which you should go to early to get a seat. I didn't hang around by the pool except to get a Guy's Burger, see the towel animal chair hogs on the last morning or watch a concert on the big screen.

I had room service for breakfast, ate both it & lunch in the MDR & the buffet & had early seating for dinner. Only another lady & I showed up for dinner at that table for 10 so that was disappointing.

My cabin stewart, Jana was very good always having my cabin made up when I returned from breakfast & making cute towel animals. I really like that Carnival still gives nightly chocolates, supplies a bath robe to every person plus the other little freebies they give.

I booked 3 shore excursions which I reviewed below as well as FTTF which wasn't as good for me this time as I never had occasion to use guest services or tenders but I'd still buy it again for going to the cabin early.

There was a lot to see & do on this ship so I never did make it to the Thrill Theatre so I guess I'll have to go on it again. Next time I want to try a cove balcony as I saw one of my CC friend's & liked it. Less

Published 01/05/14

Read more Carnival Breeze cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Breeze Review >>

Cabin review: 2 port holes2217

Cabin 2217 was quite spacious since it had a single bed & sofa. It was near the bow & not too far from the elevators. I didn't hear any noises & never heard the people in the next cabin.

Island Tour

The tour was called "The Grand Turk Experience" & was really good. We
stopped at the salt pond where we could do a little shopping which I
found expensive but then everything has to be imported.
The guide told us how much it costs to import a car, unreal!!
The next stop was at the lighthouse where wild donkeys walked around.
There was a lot of different birds around the island & the beach
beside the port looked lovely.

City Tour

I took the HOHO Miami City Tour with drop off at FLL airport. There was a
bit of a wait before the tour started & darned if it didn't start
to rain. We were given a rain poncho to wear so that was good. There
were 2 routes that you could take which were both available at Bayside. I
just stayed on the bus to see the sights of both tours then came back
to the terminal & ate at Bubba Gumps before getting the 2:00 pm
transfer to FLL airport .

Culinary Tour

After
the non narrated ride to the great house the chef J C Irie & his
staff were very good & fun.
We took a little walk in the garden then went to the back verandah
overlooking the ocean in the distance where the cooking took place.
Everyone helped out with cutting scallions, collard greens & rubbing
spices on the chicken & some people cooked the chicken & other
tasks.
An unusual event took place when a member of our tour dropped to his
knees & proposed to his girl right in front of my station. She said
yes. I enjoyed the meal altho' the chicken was a bit spicy for my taste.
I liked the Festivals. We took a little tour of the lovely house. I
really enjoyed the tour.
On the way down the drive we saw some Camels which was strange.