Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by retiring soon

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by retiring soon
Carnival Breeze
Carnival Breeze
Member Name: retiring soon
Cruise Date: November 2013
Cabin Category: 2 port holes
See More About: Carnival Breeze Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

6 days Breezed by!

This was my 2nd Carnival cruise this year/ever & I loved it. I still think about the lovely meal (the salad with lemon was amazing!) I had the last night in the Cucina del Capitano & the Guy's Burgers.

I flew to FLL & stayed at the Comfort Inn by the airport which had a rate that offered a shuttle to Miami at either nine or noon so since I had bought FTTF I picked 9. The hotel was quite nice with an included breakfast down by the pool & it was very near to a McDonalds,Taco Bell with a Chipotle across the street.

Got to the port about 9:30 but didn't get on the ship until after 11:30 as there was some kind of problem.

I headed right to my cabin 2217, a 1A two porthole near the bow. I really liked the cabin which was spacious since it only had a single bed & a sofa.

Headed to La Cucina for the free lunch was which quite nice. I had Penne, bread, Caesar salad & lemonade..

I checked out my DR table assignment & saw it was a large one which is what I requested since I was travelling alone.

I'm not going to do a play by play of this cruise but will say it was very enjoyable & like my Dream cruise I'd do it again.

I did the tour of the ship the 1st afternoon with Ashley who was a really nice guy from Toronto (my hometown) & whenever I saw him at trivia or bean bag toss he remembered my name.

I also went to the Steakhouse the 1st night, the cooking demo the next day, all the shows which I really enjoyed even if they didn't have live music. I took the "Behind the Fun Tour" which was interesting & met the Captain who was very nice & approachable. I played Bingo, tried my luck at the Casino & went to comedy shows which you should go to early to get a seat. I didn't hang around by the pool except to get a Guy's Burger, see the towel animal chair hogs on the last morning or watch a concert on the big screen.

I had room service for breakfast, ate both it & lunch in the MDR & the buffet & had early seating for dinner. Only another lady & I showed up for dinner at that table for 10 so that was disappointing.

My cabin stewart, Jana was very good always having my cabin made up when I returned from breakfast & making cute towel animals. I really like that Carnival still gives nightly chocolates, supplies a bath robe to every person plus the other little freebies they give.

I booked 3 shore excursions which I reviewed below as well as FTTF which wasn't as good for me this time as I never had occasion to use guest services or tenders but I'd still buy it again for going to the cabin early.

There was a lot to see & do on this ship so I never did make it to the Thrill Theatre so I guess I'll have to go on it again. Next time I want to try a cove balcony as I saw one of my CC friend's & liked it.

Publication Date: 01/05/14