Carnival Imagination Cruise Review by GE0130: You Get What You Pay For

Compare Prices on Carnival Imagination Bahamas Cruises

You Get What You Pay For

Sail Date: November 2013
Destination: Bahamas

My family chose this cruise because of the price: BIG MISTAKE!!!! The other cruise we were looking at was twice the price and on another line that I have sailed on more frequently/recently. None of us had sailed on Carnival in 10 years, and we enjoyed it then, so we were thinking positively. I was sailing with my Huband and my Mom and Dad.

The only good thing I can say about this cruise was that the food was very good. We ate in the buffett and the main dining room (MDR). I like that Carnival has an "everyday" menu in the MDR, as well as the daily menu. This provides almost too many choices. Although I must say that sometimes hot appetizers came out lukewarm/cold. We also tried the pizza at 1am, and although it needed more sauce, the crust was nice and cripsy, cooked perfectly, and had a decent flavor.

However....

At embarkation, M&D went to a customs/security agent who did not have a scanner for their passports (I'm not sure if everyone has the More opportunity to have their passport scanned). Therefore, we were separated into two lines once we got upstairs to get our cabin keys. M&D were in a much longer line that seemed to take forever.

One of the first things the 4 of us realized is the "class" of people that we were cruising with. Too many people wearing things I only wear in the comfort of my own home. Attitude, attitude, attitude... so much rudeness from everyone!!! One night during the comedy show, there was a man so drunk, loud and beligerent, that when many other passengers complained about him, AND the comedian started in on him, he still wouldn't shut up and called everyone else rude!!! And the staff present didn't do a thing about him!!!!

We started walking around the ship and all I could hear was extremely loud, ear-piercing music on the Lido (pool) deck. This situation would repeat itself several times throught the short time we cruised: a band played in the middle of the Promenade (walkway) and it was so crowded with people trying to walk through and dance/listen to the band we had to practically elbow our way through. On Sunday we went to one of the numerous bars to watch the football games. Next to the bar was the venue where the comedians perform each night, and a private party had the venue reserved. Once again, the music was so loud that even with the doors closed, we could not hear eachother speak.... or even yell at eachother!!!!!

Then there is the smoking. I swear by the time I got off of this 3 day cruise, I had lung cancer!!!! There was so much smoking all over the ship!!! It seemed that the only place people weren't smoking was in my stateroom!!!!! And it seemed that we were always down wind of the smoke, too.

I must admit, that the last 6 cruises I have been on, I was on new/newer ships. So the low ceilings, 70's neon lighting and cut up layout put me off. When a celing is already low, why would the decorator put drop down ceiling/lighting pannels to make it even lower (Pride Dining Room). And it really drove me nuts that there was an entire section of the ship that we could not walk through: we had to go up/down a floor then back down/up in order to get from Forward to Aft on a certain deck.

When researching this cruise, my dearest Husband said that the reviews for this ship were better than the ones for Carnival's newer ship (Dream?), which we are scheduled to go on. We have cancelled that trip and booked with another cruise line that we KNOW we will have a much better experience!!!!! I will think twice.... even 3 or 4 times.... before going back on a Carnival ship again. Less

Read more Carnival Imagination cruise reviews >>