Carnival Imagination Cruise Review by decofred

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Imagination Cruise Review by decofred
Carnival Imagination
Carnival Imagination
Member Name: decofred
Cruise Date: December 2013
See More About: Carnival Imagination Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Entertainment Not Rated

I would avoid this ship

I went on this ship only because of the matchbox twenty cruise my wife wanted to go on and I would honestly suggest you avoid going on it no matter how cheap it is. Although I paid thousands and thousands of dollars for my cruise because it was a special event weekend, I honestly can tell you the boat needs to be retired and used for some other purpose other than cruising. It is without question at best a two star boat, accomdations wise it really is like staying in a motel 6 or the equivalent. The room was marginally clean, both my wife and I had to re clean it with bleach wipes and the decor is very old and outdated. The upholstery on the chair was filthy and the two pillows in my closet were stained. The mattress was honestly like what you would expect in a prison cot...(I never went to prison but I watch tv...and see their beds.)The common areas are old, outdated and look like they are from the early 80's.....many of the tables, chairs, walls .....are cold, fraying and dirty in the sense the upholstery is stained and old and parts of the ship smell like stale beer.

The food honestly is some of the worst I have ever experienced, the dining room bread was stale and the food was at best bland. The pool side grill is just hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken nuggest and frieds, with one side serving a lousy form of mongolian bbq... if you miss dinner or hours of the grill, you are in big trouble because the only thing to eat is pizza which is what we ate for 2 nights. There was some sort of sandwhich deli place open up to 11 i think but it was awful, the turkey for example was clearly spoiled. The "midnight" buffet was honestly the same crap from the grill at the pool....burgers, fries...... The pools were small and not very clean and the waterside they picture in their advertisements was dirty and needs to be torn down and replaced. In summation, the boat was like the cheap hotels on the old vegas strip or in the old atlantic city as an example...and nothing I would suggest anyone go on. The staff really tried to be friendly and helpful, but with a boat like that there is really nothing you can do.....carnival needs to seriously get rid of that boat or find another use for it. Maybe for fraternity parties....it would be good but thats it in all honestly.

Publication Date: 12/13/13