Legend of the Seas Cruise Review by jsmith_2424: Maiden Voyage

Maiden Voyage

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: Mediterranean
Embarkation: Venice

This was our first ever cruise and I don't think it will be our last. Our booking in was quick and painless, we checked in our bags and headed to the bar (had to make use of our pre paid alcohol package) Our room was ready right away. Our bags didn't take long to get there either. I checked the Ipad supplied in the room for my account to find out they charged us 3 times for our prepaid alcohol package so $3000. I called and they fixed it up right away. I also recieved a free 50min masage on board. (may have been a perk for their mistake) I also had $350 in cruise cash when I booked through Travelocity that went towards the alcohol pkg. The store on board was very pricy for neccessities.

We had a junior suite with a big balcony. Very nice room with everything we needed. Our floor attendant Eko came to introduce himself and everyday after that always said hello Miss Joanne which I thought was very nice. Our room was always very clean. I immedietely got a full blown cold once in More our room as the venting system was so high and you couldn't turn it down just to hot or cold. Friends down the hall recieved robes in their room and towels made into animals, but we never did. Once the cruise was over I asked Eko, and he apologized for there not being enough robes.

We ordeded room service the first night, i was dissapointed with steak sandwich. My husband had the burger and he said it was decent. We had my time dining but only used it twice. I found it a bit hoity toity and sometimes we didn't feel like dressing up or not wearing a hat so we'd go the windjammer instead, which was nice as we could have what we wanted not what was being served. I liked the Park Cafe in the mornings as they had bagels and lox. My husband liked the windjammer buffet. we went to the dining room once for breakfast.

We had prebooked private tours at all ports so never used the ships excursions.|

The only time I felt seasick was the night before the cruise ended. It was very windy and the ship was rocking alot. We were in the Windjammer at the head of the ship and i had to go back to the room and go to bed then I was fine. Leaving the ship was quick and painless as well our bags were waiting for us right away.

Overall it was a great trip with awesome ports all throught Italy, Montenegro, Marseilles France, and Barcelona, Spain. Not sure If I'd choose Royal Caribean again though. Less

Read more Legend of the Seas cruise reviews >>