Legend of the Seas Cruise Review by jsmith_2424

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Legend of the Seas Cruise Review by jsmith_2424
Legend of the Seas
Legend of the Seas
Member Name: jsmith_2424
Cruise Date: October 2013
Embarkation: Venice
Destination: Mediterranean
See More About: Legend of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Entertainment Not Rated

Ship Facts: Legend of the Seas Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Legend of the Seas Deck Plans
Maiden Voyage

This was our first ever cruise and I don't think it will be our last. Our booking in was quick and painless, we checked in our bags and headed to the bar (had to make use of our pre paid alcohol package) Our room was ready right away. Our bags didn't take long to get there either. I checked the Ipad supplied in the room for my account to find out they charged us 3 times for our prepaid alcohol package so $3000. I called and they fixed it up right away. I also recieved a free 50min masage on board. (may have been a perk for their mistake) I also had $350 in cruise cash when I booked through Travelocity that went towards the alcohol pkg. The store on board was very pricy for neccessities.

We had a junior suite with a big balcony. Very nice room with everything we needed. Our floor attendant Eko came to introduce himself and everyday after that always said hello Miss Joanne which I thought was very nice. Our room was always very clean. I immedietely got a full blown cold once in our room as the venting system was so high and you couldn't turn it down just to hot or cold. Friends down the hall recieved robes in their room and towels made into animals, but we never did. Once the cruise was over I asked Eko, and he apologized for there not being enough robes.

We ordeded room service the first night, i was dissapointed with steak sandwich. My husband had the burger and he said it was decent. We had my time dining but only used it twice. I found it a bit hoity toity and sometimes we didn't feel like dressing up or not wearing a hat so we'd go the windjammer instead, which was nice as we could have what we wanted not what was being served. I liked the Park Cafe in the mornings as they had bagels and lox. My husband liked the windjammer buffet. we went to the dining room once for breakfast.

We had prebooked private tours at all ports so never used the ships excursions.|

The only time I felt seasick was the night before the cruise ended. It was very windy and the ship was rocking alot. We were in the Windjammer at the head of the ship and i had to go back to the room and go to bed then I was fine. Leaving the ship was quick and painless as well our bags were waiting for us right away.

Overall it was a great trip with awesome ports all throught Italy, Montenegro, Marseilles France, and Barcelona, Spain. Not sure If I'd choose Royal Caribean again though.

Publication Date: 11/13/13
More Legend of the Seas Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Legend of the Seas review Read the next Legend of the Seas review

More Mediterranean Cruise Reviews