Legend of the Seas 4

“A good experience for a first timer”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Legend of the Seas

VicN
Member Since 2013

Overall Member Rating

My disclaimer is that this was my first time going on a cruise. I've been to Europe before, but had always stayed in hotels and travelled by train or air. A last minute substitute to fill in as the travel companion for a friend brought me onto this boat.

I must say that, for my own personal experience, the cruise was a decent one. I spent most of the time during port calls ashore, so I was only on the ship during the evenings and the 1 sea day. We had an outside stateroom on Deck 2, and to be honest I've lived out of smaller rooms during my travels in Asia. Noise was only a problem on the last morning, when as it turns out the luggages were being unloaded from right underneath us. Movement of the ship was only noticeable during the last 2 nights; a storm that hit further north in Europe and the resulting high winds over the continent may have something to do with it. Hey, there are things even the cruise companies can't control.

The shows and entertainment on-board More were overall good. They were a good way to relax for me after a day of exploring (and running around) ashore. The flat-screen stateroom TV may not have a lot of variety, but it was still a good source of background noise for my friend and I to fall asleep. We stuck mostly to the buffet breakfasts and dinners at the Windjammer, so I couldn't comment on the other restaurants (but I did observe a fair number of people in formal wear going for food at the buffet on the first night, which led me to believe there were some hungry diners coming out of the sit down restaurant.) If I have one disappointment with the ship, it was the food which I found underwhelming even for a buffet. However, after a couple days I found out that there is one buffet table that changes on a daily basis, and I have to say I was content with the offerings from that table. Yes, breakfast time was crowded, but everyone got what they needed to start the day. I didn't use any of the bar service, as I rather enjoy the experience of a glass of wine at a cafe/restaurant on land and the chance at people watching. Hey, it's what I go to Europe for!

I didn't join any of the shore excursions. The transportation information at port calls were sometimes provided, but generally available after some research and "let's follow the crowd" once you get off the boat. The one tender port we had went fairly smoothly to get everyone off and back on.

Overall, the staff were pleasant and the experience positive. There were interesting conversations overheard, and we also enjoyed a few random stories with fellow cruisers. Whether or not I find myself doing another cruise next time depends on my preference for the way I travel, and not a reflection of the experience of this cruise. Less

Legend of the Seas Cruises to the Mediterranean

Helpful? Thank VicN
Read Cruise Critic's Legend of the Seas Review

Legend of the Seas Cruises to the Mediterranean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?