“Very Disappointing....”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas

VegasGirl1108 Enchantment of the Seas 2 Very Disappointing....
VegasGirl1108
Member Since 2013
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

Booked this cruise with 2 other couples to celebrate my husband's 40th birthday. Ok, where to start...

1.) Port Canaveral- Best embarkation port, by far, that we have ever gone out of. We were the only ship in port, and very easy to get in (and out) of.

2.) Ship- this ship is fine. It's nice and all, but nothing spectacular. It has been renovated and it has all of the amenities that you would expect it to have, plus a little Starbucks, which was a nice surprise.

3.) Staff- for the most part EXTREMELY RUDE!! If you ask them a question, it is like you are wasting their time. And after the terrible experiences that we had in the Dining Room and the Spa, the last thing that we needed was an attitude from a buffet server when asked about the ice cream machine! Holy cow, it is like these people would rather be anywhere else than on the ship with you and when you are paying good money for service, you at least expect to get that service sans attitude. The exceptions to this were the Matre D' who went out of his way to correct a horrible first night in the dining room. He was super accommodating the next 2 nights, as were our new servers after we got our table moved, and we were very appreciative of this. Our stateroom attendant was also cheery and attentive and would actually smile at us and say hello. Other than that, Zombie City.

4.) Dining Room- as I said before, we had a horrible first night. It took over 2 1/2 hours to eat (almost 1 full hour from the time we ordered our wine until the time we got it). Long story short, the service was the worst we have ever had, anywhere, cruise ship or otherwise. And after all of the waiting, the 6 of us were at least hoping to get a good meal, but we ended up with almost inedible steaks and actual inedible desserts (the creme brulee was the consistency of cream of mushroom soup). All I can say is WOW. But, the next two nights we were at a different table, with excellent servers and the food was much better too. Really not sure what was going on that first night.

5.) Spa- All 3 couples made appointments for couples massages. Ours was the middle appt. Our friends who went in first were fine. We and the other couple were then 15 minutes apart. After waiting 30 minutes past our scheduled time, my husband went to ask how much longer and our friends were then taken back. When my husband asked why they were taken before us, when their appt. was actually AFTER ours, the therapist began to give him a convoluted story about overbooking rooms. When my husband said he understood that there weren't enough rooms but again asked why our friends got taken back before us when their appt. was actually after ours, the therapist actually raised her voice and said sternly to my husband "LISTEN TO ME!!". At that point we both looked at each other and walked out. My husband never raised his voice to this woman and did not prompt such a rude and inappropriate response.

We will seriously reconsider ever sailing with RCI again. While there were a few great people working aboard this ship, unfortunately for them, their colleagues ruin it for everyone. What a terribly disappointing experience.

Enchantment of the Seas Cruises to the Bahamas
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Enchantment of the Seas Review
Enchantment of the Seas Cruises to the Bahamas
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?