Carnival Glory Cruise Review by NLPRICE: The cruise was fun but Customer Service was lacking.

NLPRICE
Member Since 2013

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Bahamas Cruises

The cruise was fun but Customer Service was lacking.

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Norfolk

My wife and i went with her graduating class to celebrate a high school reunion from the 80's and we had a really good time. Pleasantly surprised with the cabin space although i tried to upgrade my stateroom (willing to pay), but at the mere mention of an upgrade, the customer service counter rep enthusiastically shouted "the ship is completely booked". Mind you that at the security check in i was told there were some possibilities to upgrade, and i later found out that 95 staterooms were not occupied.

The food choices were fun for day 1-3, but got old quickly after that. Guy Fieri's burger bar needs some improvements(cheese burger/hamburger/ fries, or hamburger/fries/cheeseburger, or fries/cheesburger....i think you get what i mean. The comfort food station was filled with foods that were not consumable....yuk! The Cruise Director Matt and his sidekick Evanson made the cruise a HIT. Professional when they needed to be, and complete cutups the rest of the time. Kept everyone More engaged, and having a ball around the clock.

I wasn't impressed with the Bahamas (nassau) but i did spend a lot of money with the locals,as did my wife. Which brings me to my major issue...I purchased Rum from Tortuga and was required to check it in when i returned to the boat. i was given a receipt from security for the goods and was told that it would be returned to my stateroom the night before we returned to Norfolk. Long story short, Thursday night, the cabin stuart stole our receipt and i never got the rum back. I called customer service multiple times, and they seemed so "not interested" in returning this gift to me that i purchased. I know this isn't the first time this has happened, and it really pissed me off that they didn't take an interest in finding it! In the End, they gave me a credit for what i spent for the Rum, but it is not the same thing. Is it just me, or has customer service taken a turn for the worst. I feel that Carnival should compensate me further, and i'm sure i will bad mouth them to everyone i see from now on until i feel like they have made an effort to satisfy me. Any person or business can make a mistake or create a bad experience. i judge them by what they do to rectify the problem. I WILL FOREVER EQUATE CARNIVAL CRUISE AS THIEVES AND POOR SERVICE.!! Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>