Carnival Glory Cruise Review by KI Cruiser: Glory is no Pride

Glory is no Pride

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Norfolk

Went down to Norfolk to give another Carnival ship a try. Cruised on the Pride twice out of Baltimore. I really didn't like the Glory...even with all of the upgrades. Rooms were old and not quiet. Crew in halls very loud. Couple in next room having loud, screaming sex every night. I was not sure what to tell my son about that.

Hated how the 3rd and 4th floors were broken up with no way to get to the other end. We were always forced to go from 2nd floor where our room was up to 5th and then back down to 3rd to eat. It was laid out very confusingly. And don't get me started on the elevators!! Skipped our floor so many times. I don't know why - button was pressed. Staff blocked them out a lot too.

Food in the lido buffets were always cold. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Tried different times. The Pride had so much of a better crew and food was great compared to the Glory.

On the positive side - loved the cruise director and his asst. They were very good. Casino More was good too...except for when I was sitting there playing slots and some woman puked all over my side! Carnival does a bad job at controlling drunks. Just the next morning, some elderly man stumbled on the Lido deck and fell into the hot tub in the middle of the hairy chest contest and everyone watched it happen and just laughed and made it part of the show. Nobody tried to help him. Why don't they cut people off like that???

Nassau is getting bad. Crime is up big time. It's really getting dirty there and reeks of urine. Tourism is their number one commodity/income. You would think they would take care of the port area at least!

Getting off the ship was very easy because we didn't go right away. We waited 39 minutes after they called our floor and did self assist.

Won't ever go on the Glory again. Just wasn't the best layout, food or crew. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>