Carnival Glory Cruise Review by froggyobx

Member Name: froggyobx
Cruise Date: October 2013
Embarkation: Norfolk
Destination: U.S.A.
See More About: Carnival Glory Cruise Reviews | U.S.A. Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

Cruise to nowhere

I hate seeing this port no longer offering cruises. It is easy peasy to park, get shuttle and there you are.

So we decided to do the last cruise cruise to nowhere.

We always book a balcony and did so even though there was nothing to see. Unfortunaletly we booked cabin 6363 which we actually thought there was a speaker in our room blasting what was happening underneath us. Housekeeping told us to go ask for ear plugs. I did and to my surprize we were given another, much quieter room.

The food was very good and we loved the adults only pool, which had the roof closed due to rain. We sat in the hot tub and just really enjoyed ourselves.

The Red Frog was a delight. Our waitress had me in stitches and the drinks were goo. Try their beer - I am not a big beer drinker but wanted the glass - it was good.

Guys Burgers - were okay. The chain 5 Guys are much better

Alchemy Bar - loved the bar tenders and the drinks were great. I won a charm for martini tasting.

We ate in the dining room only on the last night -rest of meals at buffet. Food at both venues was very good.

Down sides were (this is a suggestion) somebody needs to teach these people how to do the safety drill.

Very, very unorganized

Some also needs help with disembarkment. Nobody gave real instructions on what to do and everyone just went down to the gang plank on their own to get off the ship.

All in all, I was pleasantly surpirized (hated our other Carnival Cruise) and had a great time.

Thanks you hubby for booking this.

Publication Date: 10/28/13