MSC Splendida Cruise Review by Lindasipad: First time cruise

First time cruise

Sail Date: September 2013
Destination: Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

I cannot believe some of the negative reviews written here!

This was our first cruise so didn't know what to expect but I was warned of lots of xhildren as they are free, apparantley.

Embarkation was very easy, we were given our card to show at bars restaurants etc. however there had been a slight problem with our booking online and our booked alllegrismo drinks package had not been allocated to us so we had to pay and book on board which cost us another 15%. (This is entirely the fault of the online booking service which is not easy to navigate). So that was soon sorted. Cabin itself was lovely. Pretty small, but I didn't expect anything else for the price.

La Reggio restaurant had lovely food, we went there for breakfast and dinner. Waiter service is impeccable, they couldn't do enough for us. bora Bora is just a cafe, don't expect waiter service it is self service, don't know what other people reviewing think it is!! Plenty of choice for food but do More expect to queue sometimes.

The ship is well cared for and staff are always cleaning and polishing something.

Most of the stops we did ourselves and the shuttles are a little expensive. We did find ourselves in a carpet shop in Tunisia and souk with hard selling vendors, something I didn't like at all, but enjoyed all the other stops.

My only criticism is that the wifi is expensive and not at all fast.

There were not ANY unruly children and we were never removed from the spas. Didn't try the gym.

I would recommend MSC cruises, just don't listen to the negative comments, some people are never happy! Less

Read more MSC Splendida cruise reviews >>