Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by rjc1117: Oasis of the Seas - What a beautiful cruise

rjc1117
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Oasis of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Oasis of the Seas - What a beautiful cruise

Sail Date: September 2013

Oasis of the Seas 9/14/13

Embarkation - We drove from Naples, FL to the port. We were concerned about embarkation as there are over 6000 people on the ship. We drove into the port area, dropped our bags off, parked across the street and started the process. 15 minutes later, we were on the ship. I could not believe how quick Royal was during the embarkation process.

Ship - The Oasis of the Seas is a fantastic ship. We could not believe the size of the ship, nor the beauty and grandeur. The one thing that I still cannot believe is that unless I was actually looking at the water, I did not know we were moving. What a fantastic ship.

Cabins - Our cabin was very nice. Our cabin was on the 9th deck starboard side. We had a balcony and used it quite a bit.

Entertainment. The entertainment was great. We loved the band that played in the Dazzles bar. We went to the main show, the ice skating show, and both aquatic shows. All were very well done. More

Bars - We had no issues with the bars. All of the bar staff and waiters/waitress were outstanding. I actually gave 2 WOW cards to a couple of bartenders.

Dining - We used the MYTIME dining program. We had not problems with it. We basically ended up at the same table every night with different people (sharing). The waitress was Cassandra and once again another WOW card. It was recommended to make reservations, even though you were on mytime dining. We never did, and we never had a wait. We did eat in the CHOPS Grille Steak house. It was nice, but I don't think it was worth the money. Royal has outstanding food in all of its restraraunts.

Services - Our cabin steward was outstanding. He was there when we needed him and did a great job on the room.

Tours - We went to Labadee and it was OK. Owned by Royal, it was very crowded. We found One Day All Inclusive resorts online. After 26 cruises, you would have thought we would have figured this out a long time ago. The Jewel runaway Bay resort on Jamaica was fantastic. I would recommend it to anyone. The El Cozumeleno Beach Resort in Cozumel was just OK. I would look for a better resort next time on Cozumel. It was not that it wasn't very good, they just could be a lot better.

Debarkation - This went smoothly and we were off the ship by 1000 (our choosing) and on the road.

Overall reaction - It was a great cruise. We are already looking into a 35 year anniversary cruise next year. It will be on the Oasis of the Seas, if it is back from Europe, or on the Allure of the Seas. Less

Read more Oasis of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Oasis of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Oasis of the Seas Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony Deck 6 9670

This was a great ship and a great cabin. I found it interesting that Royal Caribbean does not have any ice buckets in there cabins. Also, there were no toiletries in the bathroom. We had somebody at our dinner table mention that they had asked for a blanket and were told by their cabin steward that there were none available. These are common items found on most ships and of course in all hotel rooms.