Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by angelka123

Embarkation Not Rated
Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Oasis Was Wonderful!

Just got off the ship today and just wanted to get online and let you all know that all of the amazing and positive reviews are all true! We loved every minute of our cruise. We had an interior cabin on Deck 8 (the Central Park deck). We loved our cabin and the proximity to the Park Cafe for coffee each morning. I won't go into a lengthy review - but as I was unpacking, I thought of a couple of things that I hadn't seen on here.

The first item is, if you've been on Freedom of the Seas, it is basically the same ship - just taller with zip line, Boardwalk and Central Park. The Promenade is the same, the Schooner Bar, Comedy Club, Sorrentos Pizza, Studio B, etc,,, are all the same. ---But, that's a good thing!

Also, don't worry if you weren't able to get reservations to the shows you wanted. We made reservations to all shows, but a lot of other shows like Quest, Love and Marriage, Battle of Sexes, etc - came on during our reserved shows - so we didn't go to our reserved shows. We ended up seeing those on stand by and didn't have an issue. All shows in the big theatre don't even ask you for your reservation - they just let everyone in. Also, the comedy show was completely full and had no reservations available - but they did a couple of shows that didn't requre reservations and we were also able to go in via stand by.

The final item I wanted to mention is that we did early express checkout and carried out own luggage. That was smart - but reserving the RCI shuttle instead of a cab was our mistake. We were off the ship by 6:15 and then they put us on a bus for an hour and a half waiting for the bus to fill up - meanwhile a cab ride woud've taken 5 minutes. Also, cabs are cheaper.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents. It was wonderful and probably the best vacation I've taken. I highly recommend it.

Publication Date: 09/23/13