Carnival Victory Cruise Review by cjune: Private islands in the Caribbean are a must!

cjune
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Carnival Victory Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Private islands in the Caribbean are a must!

Sail Date: February 2013

I really enjoyed the Carnival Victory so much that I return in October with my 16 year old son for a mom/son fun cruise!

Yes it is a bit party-ish but the service is good and the food excellent. Next time I am going open dining as the fixed was a bit limiting after port stop and there are more entertainments I want to be able to take in.

Loved the adult only area on deck...ahhh! will utilize it in October with my son, if I need a break!

I dined with some ladies who loved to drink so if you are a drinker get the drinking pass. I only drink one a day so not worth it for me. Those ladies never were without some fancy martini, even on port!

Private islands in the Caribbean are a must! I cant say how much fun the private island, half moon key, was. It wasn't in our daily planner, but they serve and amazing Free BBQ on the island. Booze cards cover the island. Mat to float on cost but soooo worth it! I saw several of the theatre dancers enjoying their day More here as well!

I should warn you, I took a friend who was less than enthusiastic, so to each his own! She felt overwhelmed by the free party spirit! I am an introvert, but do not care if others have their kind of fun around me! Less

Read more Carnival Victory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Victory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Victory Oceanview Riviera ???

I cannot remember my cabin number but if you get an offer for a $25 per person upgrade, take!!!

Horseback Tour

(5)

Very fun! Not as long on the horses as expected but fun anyhow! Donkeys are soo cutr! Bring your camera! The bus tour there and back was part of the package so it made it worth while. Margaritaville was a bit costly, but cool. you can hang at port and just dip your toes and swim in the pool. Eat on the ship instead!! Drinks are expensive, but really good! I plan just a walk about this next round! Margaritas rule, too bad its not at Mexico prices!!

WOW! Relax, float around and enjoy. BBQ is free and busy, but fabulous!! If you drink lots get Carnivals liquor pass! I think its about $45-50 a day but to those who consume, well worth the price! I will float once more! Sunscreen,sunscreen, sunscreen!!!!!!, I did, but my friend burned to a crisp! Bring aloe vera to heal!!!!!!! Walk and enjoy the ambiance!! Beer on a hot day is yummy!

Nassau Tour

(4)

Once you get outside the main area, after disembarking (you will be inundated with excursion vendors!!! Don't forget to dicker at at least half the cost they are offering!) can find cheeper vendors. I took a horse and buggy tour, really cheap. the vendor hinted at tips, tips tips but you hold fast and give only what you want. I think the 2 of us went for $25, total. I cruise on a budget so I give what t i can. The rest of the day we just walked and ate conch, drank cheap beer, went to the water tower (don't tip!) and put our toes in the sand. there are so many options. Next round I will cab it to a local beach and relax!!! Atlantis, I wish I could afford it! it's my cruise cost, over again!!! if you can afford it, it looks like a blast!