Carnival Victory Cruise Review by tinabrown: Labor Day weekend getaway

Family & Children 5.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Victory Western Caribbean Cruises

Labor Day weekend getaway

Sail Date: August 2013

I 1st booked a balcony cabin for my husband, myself and son. Two weeks before sailing I changed my reservation by adding an indoor cabin to bring along my mother. Carnival cancelled my son from my balcony cabin and added him to the indoor cabin along with my mom. I only had to pay the difference for my mother which made the change seamless.

Embarkation was fast even though there was a long line. The employees were friendly. The cabin steward came to my cabin and introduced himself when we 1st arrived. He even memorized our names. Each night he left an animal shaped towel on the bed with two chocolates.

I ate in the main dining rooms and in the buffet. To me and my family the food was hot and good in the main dining rooms. They always served delicious food and the service was fast. The buffet could be a hit or a miss. Some dishes at the buffet I enjoyed and the same dish someone in my family didn't like. Also some dishes I did not enjoy but my husband or mom enjoyed More them. There was something for everyone. My only complaint with the buffet was that it was always a long line. It was better to get there early when the line opens or wait until almost closing time.

There was so many things to do on the ship that by the end of each day I was exhausted. I went to a few shows and used the sauna and hot tubs attended the Caribbean deck party on the 2nd night. But I could not keep up with my mom. She could not stay in one place long. She enjoyed talking to other people and roamed the ship. There was a lot of kids and teens. My 16 year old son enjoyed club O2. He spent the majority of his time with friends he met there and also talking to GIRLS. I barely saw him. My husband hung out at the pool most of the day. the pool water always stayed calm even when the ship experienced rough waves.

Debarkation was not fun. Although we assigned a credit card to our sail & sign card to pick up our tabs, my mother's sail & sign card was not assigned to the credit card. My husband had to wait in a long line at guest service to clear up the charges. Also we parked at terminal E in Miami in from of the cruise ship. But the ship docked at terminal F. I had to walk a good distance back to my car in the hot sun. Less

Read more Carnival Victory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Victory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Victory Balcony Empress 7401

My balcony cabin #7401 was spacious. We had a king bed and a sofa. The walls are thin so it is easy to hear what goes on in the next cabin. walking the hallways I could also pick up noise outside the cabins. The balcony itself is not big but sufficient. One of the balcony chairs recline. The indoor cabin #2446 my mother and son shared was smaller with 2 twin beds and no sofa. It still had enough walking space. Carnival victory cabins do not have mini fridges. The stewards clean the cabins twice a day.