Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by queenschick9b

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by queenschick9b
Celebrity Summit
Destination: Bermuda
Cabin Category: 1B
Entertainment Not Rated

Great Trip to Bermuda

I have never done a full review, and I'm not sure my thoughts are that interesting, but I just wanted to put in some of the things that I really enjoyed about my first cruise with Celebrity and some of my minor issues. In general though, I loved the experience.

1. Cape Liberty was super easy. It was one of my parents biggest concerns and it was so easy from dropping off the luggage to checking in. Very, very smooth. (The 2nd concern was sea sickness because we usually leave from PR or Miami/FL so we were nervous about that, but only the last day at sea was rough)

2. I loved the Solarium and so grateful to the posters that told me about it before I left. We sat there every sea day and since it rained a lot, it was an excellent location. I did see some really bad chair hogging from one couple, but for the most part the pool butlers were great. They were also very good about keeping the area adults only in a non-confrontational way.

3. I liked not having to check out towels every day, but I felt bad for the staff because it seemed like the not having to check them back in made passengers feel like it was okay to just leave them everywhere when there are a ton of receptacles for them.

4. I really enjoyed the bars - the Martini Bar, Michaels, the Sunset Bar, all really great. I loved the view from Revelations.

5. People told me 3 in a balcony room would be tight, but it was tighter than my room on the Allure, which at least had a full couch. I slept on the pull-out and it was fine, but I am a little under 5 feet and I think anything over that might be pushing it. Our room steward was great - Connie and in general the service on the ship was above what I have experienced on the other lines I've sailed with (RCCL, NCL, CCL). I loved the really conditioner in the bathroom instead of that 2 for 1 conditioning shampoo.

6. I didn't notice any signs of aging. I don't think I would have noticed the soft spots except for reading it here. I also did sit on the pool deck some times (for 30 minutes one day to try to get some color so people could at least tell I went away somewhere fun ) and I didn't the loungers were that bad.

7. There was a really good variety of ages aboard. I am in my mid-30s and there were other people my age, younger, and older. Lots of families with lots of really well behaved kids. I rarely saw the whole sitting on the stairs blocking them thing I've seen on a lot of my past cruises.

8. I didn't think the food was anything better than RCCL. Maybe I am just bitter because of the escargot situation but everything to me was typical mass-market cruise line food. It was good, but I think I was expecting something "more". But I thought the service in the dining room and the buffet areas was much better than RCCL. Our waiter found us twice in the buffet when we didn't even see him and came over to say hi and check that everything was good. He was really great (Tyrone), one of the best waiters I have had in 12 cruises.

We did go to the Normandie and Qsine. The one thing I read here that I didn't do was wait to make my specialty reservations on-board. Instead I paid in advance and realized easily that I could have gotten discounts. It was my treat to my parents, so I didn't really mind, but next time I would do that differently.We really enjoyed Qsine - I can see how some people might not love it, but we thought it was just a lot of fun with a nice atmosphere.

I hope I didn't bore you all and in summation - I would definitely cruise from Port Liberty again, cruise with Celebrity again and go back to Bermuda. It was an excellent vacation. The only thing I would really change is the weather is there is no way to control that and we really tried not to let that spoil our nice time

Publication Date: 08/11/13