Carnival Magic Cruise Review by pawpawputtputt: This Carnival fun ship was definitely fun!

pawpawputtputt
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Carnival Magic Western Caribbean Cruises

This Carnival fun ship was definitely fun!

Sail Date: July 2013
Embarkation: Galveston

We drove from Louisiana to Galveston for our second cruise ever, the 1st being 9 years previous, An Alaskan cruise thru Princess cruise lines. This would be our 1st Carribean and 1st Carnival cruise. the drive was easy ,walked across the street where we had left the car at at Park & Cruise, turned in our luggage and began the easy and smoothly operated embarkation process. I was impressed on how fast and effeciently large numbers of people were processed.

We were onboard by 1pm and our room was ready. Our interior cabin was bigger than i thought it would be, I was worried about feeling claustrophobic, but I was impressed. Plenty closet space, luggage fitting under bed, large desk(vanity area) and shelves around the bathroom mirror all contributed to the spacious feeling. Our king size bed was very comfortable.

We went to the buffet soon afterward and it was chaos, only because of all the new cruisers who didn't know which way was up..it settled down in the coming More days when people figured out the system.

We had bought the endless bubbles soda card, it was a waste of money, the sodas are from unrefrigerated cans, which poured over ice immediately got flat and watered down.

We had late dining in southern lights. did not like to eat that late, but since we booked last minute, that was all that was left; won't do that again.

My one complaint of this cruise was the food. While it was perfectly acceptable food, it was not anything special. I was prepared to be "wowed", but was disappointed. my memory of the princess cruise was all about the food, this one not so much. My flat iron steak was so tough it couldnt be eaten.Most nightly meal choices were boring The buffet was just OK( ice cream machines were great) but ususally too crowded. the hamburgers,hot dogs and fries by pool were excellent,pizza looked good but the line was always too long.

My husband was so disappointed(about the main dining room food) he vowed never to cruise with Carnival again.

I on the other hand, have made no such vow. I used 3 words to describe my cruise when I got back. FUN,FUN,FUN. All the activities, the pool games, the trivia games, THE KARAOKE WITH JAY!!!!!!!!!!( that was my favorite, can you tell?) the music, the piano bar, the newlywed(kinda) game in the showroom, the casino,what can I say there was always something to do.

Our cabin steward and our dining room waiters were great, very friendly and accomodating.

I WILL go on a carnival cruise again, I'm sure i can talk my husband into it, even he had to admit- IT WAS FUN FUN FUN!!! Less

Read more Carnival Magic cruise reviews >>