Carnival Magic Cruise Review by KFMCruiser

Spa & Fitness 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Happy Magic Cruiser

Our family chose this cruise so we could see just what all the excitement of the Magic was all about. We were not dissatisfied. It was a great experience from start to finish. Their were six in our party in two balcony cabins on the Lido Deck. Great rooms and a fantastic Steward - Budha. He was the best. Very attentive and when we needed something he was right there to make it happen. Our rooms being on the food deck were in just the right space. We did not have any problems with noise and when on our balconies there was not a noise problem that I think would have happened on a lower deck.

The Cloud 9 Spa was fantastic. We purchased a week pass for the special aroma therapy rooms and believe you me it was well worth the money and one of the highlights of the cruise for my daughter and myself. Serenity was a gift of the cruise that came with our passage. It is the best place for relaxing in an adult only area that had great views, comfortable lounges, hammocks and our own in area bar. The attendants were attentive and very friendly.

We dined in the Northern Lights Dining room and had an excellent wait staff. Smith was the head waiter and unfortunately I can't remember the ladies name but she was from the Philippines and greeted us every meal with our names. I am ashamed that I can't remember her name. Katun was the other assistant. All three were very friendly knew my husband was an iced tea drinker and would be asking for the Melted Chocolate Cake every night.

We enjoyed the Red Frog Pub and their own brew. They had dominoes, and different gams already on the tables for your usage. That was neat. They also had a Comedian Bunch in one of the large dining rooms that showcased the comedians who provided the nightly comedy shows. This was under the supervision of comedian George Lopez. This and their actual shows was very entertaining.

The Hat Tick Casino was also a blast. I like Black Jack and had some of the best dealers I have ever had. Emma, from England, Mark, from the Philippines were just some of the friendly faces. My winnings were reinvested in the spa!

The slots were somewhat tight but if you played enough and earned enough points your drinks were FREE in the casino. That was very nice.

Our 35 year old daughter and our niece enjoyed the nightly entertainment by Bob in the piano bar and then the great music in VIBES the disco.

Our shore excursions were all very good. In Jamaica we went to the coffee plantation, Grand Cayman the Turtle Farm (excellent) and in Cozumel we experienced Salsa and Salsa. That was our favorite excursion and it is well worth the fare. The three young energetic hostess were fantastic. We learned to make 5 different Salsa's, a fresh Margarita and then took to the dance floor and learned to Salsa. It was better than Dancing with the Stars. A fun time and I wish Carnival would advertise it better. We have been on 7 cruises and this shore excursion is way up there on our list of favorites.

Overall we had a wonderful fun time on the Magic and highly recommend it to everyone. It is a great experience and we are booking another cruise for next summer that will include our daughters, son in laws and our 4 grandchildren. Look out Magic the Mabry/Alvarados/Peters/Rawlins are coming.

Publication Date: 08/13/13