“Ecstasy Vacation 2013”

NewToCruising04
Member Since 2013
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

My husband and I took our very 1st cruise in June 2013 from Port Canaveral aboard the Carnival Ecstasy. Being that this was our very first time cruising I wasn't 100% sure what to expect. Of course I did tons of research and watched numerous of You Tube videos about cruising. I will begin from the day we set sail.

My husband I flew directly in from Houston to Orlando. From there we rode a shuttle from the Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral. The ride from the airport to the Port was about 45 mins. Embarkation was a very smooth process for us. I was surprised on how smoothly it went. Our wait for actually getting unto the ship was not long at all. Of course there was a line, but it moved fairly quickly and before we knew it we were already on board. We were told our cabin wouldn't be ready until 3pm, however we decided to take a chance to see if our cabin would be ready for us before hand.. and it was. We unpacked and went straight to the Lido deck for lunch.

The 2nd day of our cruise which was Port 1- Nassau, Bahamas. Nassau is beautiful place with beautiful people. The people who live there showed us great hospitality. We paid $25.00 for a 2 hour tour which included Atlantis. Our driver Ms. Barbara was fantastic and gave us a history lesson during out tour with her. The ship docked from 12 noon until 8pm. Our 3rd day was Port 2- Half Moon Cay, Bahamas... LOVE THIS PLACE!! Beautiful island with beautiful scenery. Our 4th day was Day At Sea, and then the reality that my dream vacation was coming to an End!!

Disembarkation was smoother than Embarkation. Because we had a 10am flight back to Houston, we opted for the early disembark time. We were off the ship and waiting for our shuttle at 7:30am. All in all.. I loved this Cruise!

Carnival Ecstasy Cruises to the Bahamas

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Ecstasy Review
Carnival Ecstasy Cruises to the Bahamas
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?