Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by GAMOMOF3: Great anniversary cruise!

GAMOMOF3
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Carnival Ecstasy Bahamas Cruises

Great anniversary cruise!

Sail Date: July 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

My husband and I wanted to get away by ourselves to celebrate our anniversary. Due to time and finacial constraints, we selected the 5 day instead of the 7. We took the 5 night Bahamas cruise on the Ecstasy. This was my second time cruising on the Ecstasy but the first for my husband. Embarkation went smoothly. We parked off site and saved a bundle. The shuttle that took us to the port delivered us timely. We made it through and got on the ship. When we board, we usually go buy the soda card for me and then go to the dining room to talk to the Maitre D' about my husband's food allergies. The Maitre D' on the Ecstasy is "Joseph - your super charged Maitre D'". He is so much fun and was incredibly accommodating.

Carnival has done a fantastic job each time of working with my husband on his menu and accommodating his allergies. Each night the hostess comes over and brings the menu for the following night so he can select what he wants and they prepare it accordingly. It works out More beautifully. The first night we were seated at a table for 8 and would have stayed their the entire cruise because we generally enjoy meeting and talking to new people. However, there was one family of 4 and the parents were the most negative people we've ever encountered. I kept wanting to say "lighten up - you are on vacation!!" When we left the dining room, we talked to Joseph and told him the predicament and told him it was our anniversary and we didn't want to be around these negative people. He moved us to a table for 2 and each night he greeted us as "the lovebirds". Our waiters were wonderful.

Our cabin steward kept our room spotless and greeted us by name every single time he saw us. He asked if he could get anything for us. What a hard working bunch of folks!

We got off in Nassau and just shopped around a little bit but didn't book an excursion because it was our 3rd time there. There were celebrating their 40th anniversary of independence downtown so that was interesting.

We got off in Freeport and took a taxi to the downtown area. Freeport is pretty disappointing to me, it was my second time there and don't care to go back. Granted, we didn't book a beach excursion so maybe they are better.

We had been so looking forward to Half Moon Cay! I had been there on my previous Ecstasy cruise and it was amazing! My husband really wanted to see it but unfortunately the weather kept us from tendering. It was too dangerous so we had another day at sea. We played trivia and spent a lot of time on the Serenity deck. We LOVE the Serenity deck on the Carnival ships (21 and older) and spend our time there usually. Our only request is that they put more umbrellas but other than that it was great.

The shows are pretty good although I had already seen them but we still enjoyed the Motor City show. The Hasbro game show is fun too. The comedian, Dean Gaines did a family show that was hilarious!! But if you are easily offended DO NOT go to the adult show. fair warning.

We had a great time and we would recommend this cruise for sure. Less

Read more Carnival Ecstasy cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Ecstasy Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Ecstasy Oceanview Main M81

Our room was comfortable and our steward kept it clean the entire cruise. He was incredibly hardworking. Good location, quiet and we didn't feel hardly any motion.